Author Topic: Fresh Colors for Christmas Cards  (Read 3821 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Fresh Colors for Christmas Cards
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 04:26:26 AM »
Sorry I have been trying to post but my internet server keeps closing down service--perhaps too busy with all the online shoppers.  It reminds me of the old days with shared telephone lines.  Or perhaps it is cause we are getting closer to winter solstice.

Anyways I  need to do this quickly....Many thanks for sharing the fun of trying some new Fresh Holiday Colors! 

I have drawn a random winner's name

And that is............Cindi!.......Congratulations!

Your little prize will go  in the mail this week!

Thanks ALL for playing!

...Jan

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 06:53:44 AM »
Congrats Cindi!

This was a fun challenge! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 03:33:20 PM »
Congrats Cindi! Thanks for a fun challenge, Jan!

April

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2015, 09:38:29 AM »
WooHoo!  Thanks Jan! 
I'd like to go back and try more color combos.  I'm glad we have the links.  Thanks for the challenge!

Yes Heidi, I used my Silhouette like a Scan n Cut.  Instead of my machine doing the scanning, I took a photo of the stamped image on the pixscan mat, saved it to my laptop and imported it to Silhouette software.  I need to play with this feature more.  I've also made cut files from a few stamped images without the special mat.  I scanned them and then traced the shape I wanted cut.  With this method I would have to cut first, then stamp in to the shape to use it.  With the mat, you can stamp, photograph, then cut.  Luckily there are quite a few youtube tutorials!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 01:00:42 PM »
I received an awesome package from Jan including a beautiful Christmas card.  Her card uses the Tim Holtz flourish stencil just like she sent in the package, so I have a great example of how to use it.  She also sent a clear stamp set designed by Ann Butler, made for faux quilting and stamping continuous patterns.  They are really cool seamless designs made to be easy to line up.  They also adhere to a block with no gaps because there is no lip on the stamps.  I found this video on you tube as well as some cute examples on the 'net.  I haven't seen these stamps before.  They are going to be a lot of fun!  Thank you so much Jan for a great challenge and a super RAK!
Cindi