Author Topic: New challenge series starting in the new year! Let me know what you all think:)  (Read 1881 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
So for the past few years I've hosted monthly tag and ATC swaps. While I loved doing them, i feel like it's time to change it up to a new route for 2016.
It will be a monthly challenge called- anything but a card. Each month will have a different theme. Some months may  be ornaments, or card embellishments, home decor, etc. For these challenges there won't be any swapping, just because I figure that would be costly. What do you lol think? Is this something you might be interested in playing along with?
I'm primarily a card maker but I've had the itch to use my stamps and other card making supplies in other ways.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
First of all, thanks so much for being a great hostess for all those swaps these past years.  I really enjoyed them.

I do think this is a great idea, very novel and new, so it will be fun to play along with what you have planned.  Looking forward to it!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Thanks, Heidi!

I forgot to mention that for the challenges, you won't have to purchase anything new(unless you want to). My goal is to use what you have and repurpose things.
LeighAnn

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
'Sounds interesting, I may be up for that :)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Sounds up my alley--biggest problem I'll have is making my phone allow me to share my creations with either AI or one of my AI friends. I've been using my phone camera & attaching pix to messaging. Most times it's been working, but I still have a learning curve... Good idea, Pug!
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
I agree big applause for ALL the hosting you have done for us LeighAnn-thank you so-o much! :smitten:

Some other thoughts for themes could be mixed media, or working with specific materials like corrugated cardboard, chipboard, fabric, metal, acetate or specific tools like stencils, brayer, sponging (other than blending tool), paintbrush etc.

Will stamping be a basic requirement?

I personally wouldn't mind swapping if there is a limit on the Maximum Size...like small manila envelope....but certainly want to hear other's opinions too.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:17:00 PM by Far North »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Thanks, LeighAnn,  for hostessing all the swaps! I think this idea would be good. I like the ornament and embellishment ideas.

April

Offline Looser

• Stampers
I 'ditto' all the cheers for your hostings, Pug! O0

I too like the idea of making use of a stamp part of the monthly requirements--since we have all have stamping in common.

I do like your idea of 'anything-but-a-card' as a way to challenge our thinking about what stamps can do. And limiting each month's challenge to a non-card category sounds like a good way to tackle your new idea. I also like the idea of 'repurposing' material as part of each month's challenge.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Pug. :smitten:
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Sounds good to me!  I need to stretch my brain past the card box.  Thanks for hostessing!
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Kudos to you LeighAnn for being such a wonderful hostess of the swaps. 

This definitely sounds like a cool challenge.  And I agree with Jan, that I would be willing to swap if limited to a small manila envelop. 
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Thanks for all of the kind words on hosting everyone and for the great suggestions!

I had been thinking for some of the months making a swap an option for those interested- they would be small enough to not be too costly. Like ornaments or bookmarks is what I was thinking.

I'm off to post the first challenge!
LeighAnn