Author Topic: January Anything but a card challenge  (Read 5454 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: January Anything but a card challenge
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 09:22:38 AM »
Go Sadie!  Great job on the banner!  I'm glad you were able to break in your punch board.

Fun challenge!
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 02:06:20 PM »
Great banner, Sadie! Love it!

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 04:29:52 PM »
Yes Heidi it comes in their paper stacks, I believe the one I bought was 6x6 but they may have a bigger size

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 05:01:09 PM »
Jan I think you meant to post this in your box card challenge posting

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 11:59:28 AM »
Your banner came out fabulous.  I need to get working on one for my office at work. 
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 03:11:10 PM »
I finished my entry & it turned out ok. Sent Pug a pic AND sent her the original. Had fun making it & I included 'instructions' with the mailed piece since I went 'receiver-interactive' with it... :idiot2: :laughhard:
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 08:15:39 AM »
I got Daniel's banner piece in the mail last night. Take a gander at it! I will let him add the details!
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2279
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 09:35:57 AM »
Tanx, Pug! The banner started with a diecut banner shape from a pack I got @ AC Moore. I made the hearts from a 2nd banner using a punch. The base & hearts were EF'd & then swiped with DI & StazOn to antique them & pop the embossing.

The Gator was done on CS, fussy cut & colored with Crayola markers. The punched hearts were attached to it with curling ribbon. The whole piece lifts out of the stamped & embossed heart frame which was colored with markers & crayons. It is hinged to the base & flips up to reveal the 3rd stamped heart which is accented with marker inks.
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 10:32:07 AM »
I am starting to think about decorating for Valentine's Day so I hope to get moving on this project.  I really like the ones other AI folks have posted so far!  I am thinking about going to the craft store today since I pretty much have my housework done already. I might look at some materials to work with what I already have. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 12:43:11 PM »
My banner did not go as planned. I wanted to use blue on it because my decor is blue in several rooms of the house.  I was going to use a standard shaped red banner behind each heart, but I decided that it would be too large if I did that, so I redid the design to include a small red heart on each to get a traditional Valentine look.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2292#top_display_media

Close up:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2293#top_display_media

Thanks for the fun challenge. I now have a cute Valentine decoration in my kitchen.
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 08:28:21 AM »
Daniel, I hung your banner on my bulletin board, he cracks me up!

Heidi, i love your use of  navy in your banner! And your curtains are really pretty :)

I am getting some mojo back. I made a banner Yesterday and have been working on some cards too.
This may be the pinkest and gaudiest thing I've ever made  ;D. I don't have a wreath for Valentine's Day. I may make one though at some point, I found several cute crafty things for Valentine's Day at Target in their dollar spot and used some on my banner. 
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2296

I
LeighAnn

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 08:49:52 AM »
Lovepug2 I don't think your banner looks gaudy at all, it looks very Valentiney and bright and cheery.  And It looks like the perfect size to fit across your beautiful wreath.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 08:57:09 AM »
LOL, Pug! You'll have to go some to do 'gaudy', but I love all the bits & bobs you used on your banner--very festive & colorful! O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016, 10:15:22 AM »
LeighAnn, I also don't think it is gaudy at all.  I really like your banner and wreath.

Thanks for the compliment on the curtains. They are actually a table runner that was clearanced at Target several years ago and I cut it down to fit the kitchen windows for a valence.  They are more modern than most of my house, but I like them. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 07:33:03 AM »
I finally finished my banner, was going for a more vintage feel to it, forgot to say I added some scraps of ribbon and fabric between each banner.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2301&message_id=632f297c29dc64c19f7d985951126114&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

I will share an upclose picture too