Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2016 - January  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2016 - January
« on: January 08, 2016, 11:34:07 AM »
Happy New Year!

I have GOT to get an early start on Christmas cards this year! 

We have another wedding in the family.  We have two daughters, and daughter number two got engaged a week or so before Christmas.  They are leaning toward a fall 2016 wedding. 

This (last?) year I made some last minute cards by cutting large candy canes out of glitter paper (Silhouette cut file) and adhering them to a cream colored card.  I thought we'd use the candy cane as inspiration for this month's prompt.

Make Christmas cards inspired by candy canes.  You might use candy cane stamps, use the colors red and white, or even choose stripes.  Just get some cards made and it'll be extra sweet when December rolls around again!

Thanks for joining the Christmas All Year challenge for 2016!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2016 - January
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 12:26:06 PM »
 :smitten:

Hey Cindi!  Thanks for offering this challenge again this year.  I was not sure if you wanted to.  I have some cards leftover from last year, so I am currently trying to work out how many per month I should make.  I do enjoy Christmas crafting so much and am glad you offered the challenge again.  Thank you for being our fearless host and good luck with your wedding planning!  You must be a pro at it!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 12:48:30 PM »
You're welcome! 
Even when I'm not able to participate, I love seeing what everyone else makes! 

I tried to post a pic of my sparkly candy cane card, but it looks like I mailed them all before I got a picture.  Do any of you take pictures of your cards before you mail them?  I used to save a card, or at least photograph, especially when I made all of one style card.

I've asked Sadie to create a gallery album for us.  I'll post a link when available.
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 01:14:01 PM »
Thanks for hosting this again! I was wondering if you would. This challenge helps me so much! I will get my thinking cap on and get started soon. I try to do 3-5 each month. So that will be my goal.

April ;D

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 08:04:31 PM »
I'm glad you're back Heidi and April! 
I'm a little late, but then I always seem to have a slow recovery time after Christmas ... I like to delay normal routines I guess!

Sadie made us an album in the gallery "Christmas Cards All Year 2016" .
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 12:03:53 PM »
Thanks for hosting.  I really need to participate more this year so that I'm not crafting like a maniac come October/November/December.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 11:43:02 AM »
I really need to participate more this year so that I'm not crafting like a maniac come October/November/December

Yep!  Me too!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 12:47:50 PM »
I don't have a picture of the cards I made, but here is the candy cane cut file I used, just as inspiration, if you choose to follow the prompt.  I cut it from red glitter paper and sized it almost as big as the card front.

Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 06:19:35 PM »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 10:37:31 PM »
Go Heidi!  First Christmas card of 2016.  It is really cute too!
Cindi

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 10:36:17 AM »
I'm so happy you are hosting this year again! :smitten:

It really helped me out to participate the past couple of years. Love the prompt. I'm going to see what I can come up with!
LeighAnn

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 10:05:37 AM »
Oh, my.  I just saw the Christmas cards in the gallery and realized Cindi must have posted her challenge again.  Yeah, Cindi!  Nothing gets me into the craft room more than Christmas cards.  I don't think I've ever used a prompt, but I'm now wondering if I have any candy cane images, stencils, etc. around. 

Thank you, Cindi, for hosting this challenge once again. 

Love the cards that have been posted!

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 01:15:08 PM »
Those are super cute cards April!  You're off to such a great start!  Cute images and fun stripes and candy cane papers.  Thanks for using the prompt and linking here!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 08:18:04 PM »
I used Heidi's coloring challenge to get a Christmas card made!  Yippee!  Somewhere I saw a diagonal stripe behind an image and liked it, so that's what I've done here.
Cindi