Author Topic: WF17 Q&A Chatty game  (Read 5570 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: WF17 Q&A Chatty game
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 09:00:50 PM »
I love flowers, enamel dots and cord or ribbon for embellishments.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 09:02:53 PM »
hmmmmm, I am thinking I use gems a lot for embellishments, but have bought some sequins so have been using them also

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 11:15:28 AM »
1)   How long have you been stamping?  I started stamping as an adult about 33 years ago.

2) How many stamps do you think you have?  I must have a gazillion…at least that is what it feels like now that I am deep into removing them from blocks LOL.  I did try to make a guesstimate for my category of birthdays…the stamps must specifically connect to birthdays….I have about 82 stamps in that topic.

3) What was the last stamp you purchased?  I bought a Penny Black berry branch stamp before Christmas and initiated it at the last Fest.  I have not bought any new supplies since then.
4) What do you think is hard/challenging about stamping/papercrafting?  Completing all the details after the card front is finished so it is ready to mail.

5) Is your stamping area clean or messy? (Bonus points if you post a photo.).   Very neat since I am not stamping at this time.
 6) What type of on-going (regular, not fest) challenges would you be interested in this year?
I like April’s idea of rotating hosts.
7) What technique would you like to learn or improve on?  I am itching to get back to playing with my color bursts and more with yupo paper.

8) What type of card do you need the most often?  What is the last type of card you sent? Generally I make hello/thinking of you cards.  I don’t make many birthday cards.  I last sent a New Year’s/birthday card.

9) Opinion: what is the best ink for stamping?  My favorite inks are:  I use distress inks for techniques; Wendy Vecchi’s archival ink;;   Versafine for stamping in black; Memento for standard dye colors; and ColorBox for pigment colors. 

10) What do you want to ask? (Make sure to come back and see if others asked a new question, too.)
LeighAnn-IF you had to for a whole year, do you think you could make a new card/project without reusing a stamp? No problem and would be happy to share with a stamper who needs more.

Cindi-Do you have a favorite stamper that you watch on you tube (or their blog)?  Not a favorite.  I like to pick and choose based on what I am working on. 

Connie-Do you watch tv or listen to music while creating?   
Stamping is my quiet time to listen to my own thoughts and play as I create. I find background sounds are distracting to my way of creating.

Sarah-Fav embellishments-well, I have really moved away from using embellishments on every card.  Now that I used multi-medium techniques on most cards I often feel that is more than enough.

Jan’s NEW Question-Do you think you could do as much with the mini-distress inkpads as you do with the original sized distress ink pads particularly if you have many of the refills? 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 11:19:38 AM »
Jan, I have 4 of the mini distress inks. I find I am using them less than the other colors.  It would be harder to ink up a stamp with them.  I am one of the weird people who does use distress ink for stamping, sometimes.

However, I do think I could do a lot of the techniques with them, especially if you have the refills, but I would not replace my full size pads with the minis.  I would probably buy more minis though, just because of storage.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 01:12:05 PM »
I have 3 tins of the minis mainly to take with me when I go stamping other places. I have used them like I do the larger pads if I don't have that particular color in the large pad. I use distress inks both for techniques and to ink up stamps.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 04:00:55 PM »
I believe I have 3 or 4 packs of the mini's and I seem to be able to use them just as well as the bigger distress inks

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 04:55:50 PM »
I only have a couple of minis and I don't seem to use them that often.  But if you are trying to save space, I don't see why they wouldn't work just as well as the large pads for techniques.  Especially if you have the reinkers.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 08:45:41 AM »
Several people replied that they liked the idea of a monthly challenge. I started a thread in the regular challenges section for signing up and discussing this!  Hope you will check it out!
~~Heidi~~