Author Topic: alcohol ink storage  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
alcohol ink storage
« on: February 05, 2019, 08:37:36 PM »
How do you store your alcohol inks?  Standing up or lying down?  Do you know if Ranger recommends one way over the other?

I store mine lying on their sides in a shallow drawer.  When I got some out for Winterfest, I noticed one had leaked a bit, but I was still able to get the top off.  In the case of the mixatives, I'm wondering if on the side is best because even though I had to do some banging and shaking, I was able to get the mixing ball moving again.

Does anyone own Ranger's storage tin?  Do you like it?

Thanks for your input.  I'm debating whether I should change how I sore my alcohol inks.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: alcohol ink storage
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 04:52:35 PM »
Hi.  I store my alcohol inks standing up.  They are in a plastic bin I bought at Michaels. I did have one that leaked out quite a bit when it was laying on its side, so I do try to keep them upright now.  I guess I do wonder if storing the mixitive on their side would make it easier to mix up, but I am afraid of leakage. 

I thought about the ranger box, but didn’t get one.  I have other things (like embossing powders, reinkers, etc) stored in the same type of plastic box, so I wanted to keep everything stackable.

~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 06:00:40 PM »
Thanks Heidi!

Would anyone else like to share?
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 10:22:28 PM »
I do the same as Heidi. I store mine upright in a plastice bin. I also thought about buying the ranger one, but decided I was doing fine with what I had.

April :smile:

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 11:57:44 AM »
April I think you made a great decision.  I am unhappy with Tim's newest storage box. It has no handle to carry any thing else in my hand when I want to move it to my work area.  It has no storage area for all the tools and products I need to work with the alcohol inks. 

I had a couple bottles that leaked at the seam. And while Ranger replaced them I have never wanted to store them flat on their sides.  Tim said the mixing bead often gets stuck in the neck of the bottle...so I am not sure flat would be a better choice.

I am not sure I love mixatives since they often add a strong opaque presence. 

Does anyone use a closed box with a system that keeps the bottles standing upright? If so can you share the company brand?

I recently saw that Tiffany-The Organizer will be soon doing a class at Scrapbook.com (hope that's right-it's the site where we stored photos after 2 Peas closed).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 10:36:58 PM by Far North »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 10:44:04 PM »
 Iring- I did an internet search for "Alcohol Ink Storage".  And found that Pixiss sells on Amazon a zippered case that holds 30 AI bottles .

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 09:21:04 AM »
Thank you Jan!  I like Totally Tiffany, so I will watch for her on scrapbook.com, and also check out the Amazon source. 
Yikes!  Ink leaking at the seams?  That's awful! 

My alcohol inks are still lying on their sides in a shallow tray (acrylic box frame).  Easy to see which color is which ... I didn't realize Tim's box has no handle?  That does sound like a pain to transport.

Yes, the Ranger mixatives easily take over and remain splotchy looking.  I bought the Pinata gold, but haven't played with it in a long time ...
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 09:35:15 AM »
Thanks Jan!

The Pixiss case looks really nice.  There is a larger version also.  It stores 60 bottles.
Cindi