Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2020  (Read 3141 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2020
« on: June 30, 2020, 08:49:33 AM »
Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2020

I hope you have gotten a head start on your holiday cards by participating in Cindi's Christmas All Year! Challenge.  This month, I'm taking over for Cindi by offering our yearly Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge.  I have not made one single Christmas card so far this year.  I hope you’ll join me for this month’s challenge and make lots of cards.  (I hope I make lots of cards!)

If you are in need of inspiration, check out Cindi’s past Christmas All Year threads; she posts an optional theme each month that you can use if it inspires you.  Also, check out the Creative Challenges that are being posted every Monday--lots of great ideas there for techniques.

The Challenge:
You have a full month--July 1 through July 31--to post your entries.  Please use the album set aside for Cindi’s Christmas All Year! Challenge, 2020, and link them to this Discussion Thread.  The challenge ends on July 31 at 11:59 pm your time.  If they are in the right album when I check the morning of August 1, they will count.

Remember you must enter only new cards--nothing you posted prior to July 1, the first day of the challenge.  If you have a special technique you'd like to use that does not include stamping, your card will still count.  It would be nice to combine stamping with other techniques, but sometimes that isn't feasible, and I want your cards to be something you will love.  So your paste-embossed, embroidered, stenciled, Iris folded, die-cut, etc. cards are welcome.

Requirements:
1. Complete the tasks as described in this challenge.

2. When you post your card in the gallery, please label it with the name of the appropriate holiday and add the words "in July." For example, Christmas in July, Hanukkah in July, Kwanzaa in July, etc.  I say that every year, but no one ever does it.  Sigh.

3. When you post your project in the gallery, please describe it. Tell how you made it and what you used.  Some information that you could share:
Stamps:
Cardstock/Papers:
Card Size:
Inks/Coloring Medium:
Accessories:
Technique:

Next, come back to this Discussion Thread to link your post here and to tell us how it went—tips to help us or advice so we can avoid or fix problems. 

Prize:
There will be a prize awarded at the end of the challenge.  Your name will go into the hat once for every card you post in the gallery and link to the discussion thread. OK. I already know that the next question is do I get my name in the hat 10 times if I make 10 of the same card. I'll say you can get your name in the hat up to three times for multiples of the same design. Fair enough? There's no limit to the number of different cards you can post. You'll get credit for each different card.

I hope you'll join us and begin making your December holiday cards.  We can inspire and motivate each other.  Don't forget to have fun!

Daria
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:53:00 AM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge, 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 09:16:12 AM »
Thank you for hosting Daria!  I am 8 cards behind for the year, so including the 5 I would need for July, I guess my goal is 13 cards for July to catch up. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 09:54:37 AM »
Thanks! I always enjoy this challenge.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 11:04:13 AM »
I had to count mine since Heidi mentioned how far behind she is, and I have 25 made so far, so not bad if I was doing 4 a month but I think I wanted to do 5 a month so that would leave me four behind so far, so I do have a bit of catching up to do :)

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 02:00:21 PM »
Great!  I always enjoy checking out the Christmas cards, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you post this month.

Daria

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 02:34:26 PM »
I made one card today. I used the splittin' image technique that I put up as a challenge this week.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5035#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 08:18:56 AM »
April, for the first time ever, I ran out of space to write my comment for your card in the gallery.  I had to go back and eliminate some of my message so I could sign my name!  I didn't even get to mention the rich colors you chose.  I love your card.  I just kept looking at it to see all the details.  Thank you for playing.  Daria 

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 06:54:32 PM »
Yay!  I'm so glad you are hosting again! 

I'm not even going to count ... I know I am way behind.  I can't even remember the last Christmas card I made.  This is the month!
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 03:15:55 PM »
I made three more cards! I am overwhelmed when it comes to making Christmas cards because I have so much stuff! So I look through my stash first to get inspiration. All of these cards were made from my stash.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5036#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5037#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5038#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 04:57:12 PM »
April, your cards are wonderful.  The way you create your wreath is so effective and looks like a fun and easy way to make one--foolproof! 

I'm glad you mentioned having bits and pieces in your stash that you are now using to make cards.  I'm always telling Nora that we should just get together with all our pieces and start creating cards!  I have so many backgrounds--some going back many years.  I have embossed images and die-cut images; I even have some cross-stitched images.  They all need to find a place on a card. 

Maybe others can think about what they already have that will give them a head start on their Christmas cards this year.  I'm trying to figure out a way to use the little tags I cross-stitched. 

Thanks for sharing all your cards.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 06:09:19 PM »
I will have to look at what bits and pieces I have for Christmas cards.  I may have some appropriate backgrounds. I do have some stamped images from a couple months ago that I mean to color and die cut.  I definitely should see if I can finish that!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2020, 12:41:32 PM »
Wonderful cards, April.  I like using colored pencils.  It slows the process down and takes more time than markers or watercolor, but I find that it relaxes me more.  Right now, that's a very good thing.

Heidi, I'm sure you'll find ways to use what you have in your stash.

Anyone have a great layout for featuring small tags?  I cut the top off one of them so I'd just have a small rectangle.  That's as far as I've gotten.

Daria

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2020, 05:00:15 PM »
Daria, here are my first Christmas cards for this year.  I am way behind.  Thanks for the challenge.

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5043#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2020, 11:54:59 PM »
Nora, I'm glad you got some made.  These are beautiful! 

Daria