Author Topic: Misti Rivals  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Misti Rivals
« on: October 08, 2016, 11:02:17 AM »
Apparently both We R Memory Keepers and Hampton Art are both coming out with Misti like tools this fall.

We R Memory Keepers' Precision Press

Hampton Art Stamp Perfect Tool

And they are both cheaper than the Misti.  The Hampton Art one looks exactly like a Misti, just in a different color.  But the We R Memory Keepers' one looks like it may be more versatile than the Misit.  The bottom is open so that you can fit all different sized papers in it.  And it looks like you may be able to use it as a scor-board as well.

That is one of the risks in going to market before you get your patent. 
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Misti Rivals
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 04:06:39 PM »
Cool!  They are a lot cheaper, right?

I think I like the one without magnets better but I would like to see a review too.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 09:07:04 AM »
If any of you have a We R M Letterpress, or want a multi tasking tool, it works really well too.  I can use it in my Big Shot for letterpress, or alone as a stamp positioner.  I found a youtube video (a little wordy but thorough, I think it's worth watching if you're considering a purchase).  I used it to mass produce medallions for belly bands on wedding invites.  She shows a few different methods for placing the paper.  I used the foam that comes with the letterpress to build a few little walls and swapped paper in and out easily. 
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 07:49:27 PM »
It is half the price I paid for my Misti, I saw the W R memory keepers on HSN craft day, looks very close to the Misti.  I didn't know Hampton Art was coming out with one too

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 04:19:42 AM »
I just saw information last night that Misti successfully defended their patent against both these products in the USA.  I think you cannot buy them anymore at all in this country.

My guess is that the Tim Holtz one is different enough from the Misti patent idea (it doesn't look like a Misti, these other two were really really similar).
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »
Oh Wow, I was wondering why they didn't get a patent on theirs, yeah maybe Tim knew the correct procedures for doing his

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 07:05:41 AM »
I heard the other day that Tonic and Misti came to an agreement and Tonic will soon stop selling the Tim Holtz stamping platform in the USA.  It sounded like they might collaborate in the future.  ???  Anyhow, I have been seeing the platform for sale for as little as $24 on amazon, while supplies last, I guess...

I like my platform, but I do see that the grid being under your project on the Misti would help with some techniques. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 08:49:13 AM »
Thanks for the update Heidi!

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 08:49:34 AM »
Wow that is a great price, I do love my Misit but will have to say I have not tried any other kinds to know if I would like them better or not