Author Topic: Has anyone made hand craft post cards?  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Has anyone made hand craft post cards?
« on: March 05, 2019, 02:09:32 PM »
I am a Deacon of my local church and I send out birthday cards to the members that are on my list.  I have several member with children with their birthdays are all in the same week.    So I was thinking of sending one envelope with a post card for each of them.  Three boys and one girl.  Will have paper and stickers on one side and divide the other side into half and maybe even a small square in the corner as  a Stamp and  Use a Stamp for Happy Birthday and the other half for their name and address.

Has any one make something like this or can you send me to site where I might get some ideas, this is new to me, but I think I can make it work.  I will try to post what I have made before I send them out.  Thanks for any information.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Has anyone made hand craft post cards?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 02:28:36 PM »
I gal from my craft group made post cards for Valentines instead of cards.  They were lovely but I didn’t take a photo. I also would like to start making some post cards. 

Have you searched Pinterest?

I think your ideas sound good already!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Has anyone made hand craft post cards?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 08:07:19 AM »
Hi Ann!   Yes, back in the height of rubber stamping postcards were a common swap.  Mostly the PCs looked like our regular cards.  Some used background stamps and masked most the inside to create a frame look.  Stamping Up and other companies made stamp sets with words that worked on the mailing side but the main art was creative fun.

Stamped Post Cards from Pinterest:

181 Best Post Card(retired) Stampin Up images | Post card, Cards ...
https://www.pinterest.com/butterbaugh1/post-cardretired-stampin-up/

Have a fun day making smiles for others!...Jan