Author Topic: Color Scheme Tools on the internet  (Read 2347 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Color Scheme Tools on the internet
« on: July 30, 2014, 09:02:47 AM »
I found these websites listed in an art magazine several month ago.  I thought they were neat to "play" with and could also be used for cards and scrapbook layouts and I know many are into other art mediums.  The last two websites could definitely be used for color challenges and photo challenges!

This website I think may be geared more towards business based off the "examples" tab when you click on it….but it can still work for us.  I love how you can move the circle onto different colors of the color wheel and see shades and highlights of that color.  Above the color wheel are icons to click on to bring in color components in 2, 3, or 4 colors.  Also you can move the shade/highlights (with and without using the shift key) in the middle of the color wheel to change the color examples.  There looks like there are more things that I still haven't figured out with this website tool.

http://paletton.com/#uid=11Y0u0kuiiUvNtru4nlwudexs7O

This website creates color palettes and shows corresponding photos to that color palette.  You can also search for color palettes according to theme or by adjusting the red, blue, and green slides.  Clicking on any of the color swatches in a photo brings up any other color palettes/photos that used that color swatch. 

http://design-seeds.com/index.php/search

This website is the blog to the color palette website above.  It too shows color palettes and a few more related photos.

http://blog.design-seeds.com

~~Melissa :)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: Color Scheme Tools on the internet
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 01:03:14 PM »
These are great! Melissa!

I really like the idea of using these in regards to card planning. It helps you figure out new color combos to play with :)
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 06:18:31 PM »
Thanks Melissa for sharing this color scheme information!

Scrapbook.com has a very similiar type program as the 1st one but in addition it also has an 2nd part where one can submit a photo and come up with a new color scheme.  I have used it when I had a couple items I specifically want to compliment with an additional color.  It also has a wonderful sales component that provides thumbnails of items in their store stock that match your final colors.  It is great cause a couple times I have found something I already had that I would not have thought about using.

Your second link reminds me of the Moodboards that 2Peas provided monthly in 2014.  I love to see a photo and the color palette that makes it up!  Several of us  made cards with the monthly color scheme....some very lovely results!

Again thanks Melissa, these are definitely keepers in our toolbox!
...Jan
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 06:24:03 PM by Far North »

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 08:00:56 AM »
Jan that link is SO neat!!!!!   Like you said, it's so cool that link combines my first link with scrapbooking products!!-----I know scrapbook.com probably meant it for additional sales of products, but, you're right, you may already own it or something like it.    So cool!   O0   Thank you Jan!

LeighAnn, I agree with it helping you find new color combos.  I usually have a color I am working with (whether I planned it or not) and then other colors I add in sometimes by using a color wheel that I have on my work table.  So I think it's neat that these links show color combos I haven't thought of before.  And I figure that once we have seen the color combo (or the color itself), we have been exposed to it and may remember it later for use (or avoiding)…..especially if it affected us in some way.  (This type "exposure" occurs with music as well, and it is what politicians count on when trying to get elected….but that is another topic….  :smile: )
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »
Thanks for sharing those links, Melissa.  I love the one with the photos and corresponding color palettes.  A definite source for inspiration. 
Sarah