Author Topic: How to use this product - ClearSnap Paintbox Ink Pad  (Read 1291 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
How to use this product - ClearSnap Paintbox Ink Pad
« on: June 19, 2015, 07:55:41 AM »
Does anyone have the ClearSnap Paintbox Ink Pad? (here is a link to the product: Paintbox Ink Pads)

I often forget I have this ink pad and thus haven't used it much....I moved it to a place I can see it to remember to use it, but I have wondered how to use this product.  I know I can use each color individually, but I would like to use as a gradient stamp---but I am concerned with contaminating the small ink pads.

I'm going to be trying out this ink pad soon, but if anyone has used this or something like this, I'd love to hear your experience!
~~Melissa :)

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
Re: How to use this product - ClearSnap Paintbox Ink Pad
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 09:46:25 AM »
I have a smaller version of one of these. Only 4 colors. I also don't use it much for the same reason as you. I have muddied it up a bit but am usually able to wipe off the offending color with a tissue carefully.

I too would be interested in any insight into using these better.

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 10:16:39 AM »
I've got the Paintbox and several of the smaller ones.  I tend not to use them often because the inks take so long to dry but when I do use them, I pull out the individual colors and use them.  I'm not sure if I've tried to use the whole pad at once. 

Melissa, I think you would be fine (i.e. won't contaminate the pads) if you press the stamp straight down on the ink pad, and don't wiggle it. 
Sarah

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 09:57:25 PM »
I have those ink pads.  They work good if you think of what your are doing.  Wipe the stamp off after each time you stamp it.  I thought if I was careful that I wouldn't mess mine up-- wrong.  Yellow is messed up.  The rest didn't show any problem.  I love those for stamping fall leaves.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 11:29:41 AM »
Thanks for the responses everyone!  I will keep those tips in mind. 
~~Melissa :)