Author Topic: AIR 2015:Folded Card Challenge  (Read 9249 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: AIR 2015:Folded Card Challenge
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2015, 11:35:43 AM »
... We will have to see if there are alternatives ways to get your challenges posted to be included in our event drawings.

LOL, Jan. I don't care what anyone says, I think you are a super nice & kind person!  ??? ;D Truth is that being in the running for drawings has never been of any concern to me. I'm more than satisfied if I actually do the challenges. That's my story & I'm sticking to it! O0
Daniel

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2015, 01:32:01 PM »
Jan, what a wonderful surprise to be a winner!  Thanks again, for your fun challenge!  I really had fun creating it.  I will forward my address to you soon.

Nora S

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2015, 02:47:50 PM »
Congrats Nora!

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2015, 04:35:31 PM »
Hooray, Nora! O0
Daniel

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2015, 10:23:21 AM »
Congrats!!

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2015, 04:39:16 AM »
Once I read over your challenge specs, Jan, I was determined to give it a try! So much 'fun'! ::)

I started by hinging together large index cards for my base, then I began planning out the composition. It was a fairly easy task & I did very little masking--just the man so the sentiment wouldn't cover him & the house so the branches & bat wouldn't cover it. Then it was just a matter of adding the lines with a fine-point Sharpie & cutting away the excess cardstock. The use of just the orange DI seemed to work well & I managed to stop fussing before I screwed the pooch by overworking the design--we all know how easy that is to do!  :tickedoff: ;D

Here's the card...Closed Open
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2015, 07:12:30 PM »
I blame you, Jan, for my temporary insanity that led to this card.   ;)

I ended up attaching 166 die cut pine needles to create the tree.  And the whole thing took 10+ hours.   :o

Christmas Tree Closed View

Christmas Tree Opened View
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2015, 02:42:43 AM »
WoW Sarah it would be a huge honor to shoulder even an part of an ounce of blame for your awesome card.  You certainly must have one achy hand!  Kidding aside Sarah your details are phenomenal! And your work is over the top wonderful-love the matching of all 3 layers on the front tree matching up perfectly!!  Sarah, thanks for playing and sharing! 

Daniel, I wanted to saw thanks for sharing more of your details here!....it is a wonderful scenic card!

And to all players of this challenge I am truly thrilled with all the fabulous cards created for this challenge! I love seeing the wide range of creativity in every one's cards!
High 5 all around!...Jan
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:00:16 AM by Far North »