Author Topic: StazOn Midi Pads  (Read 4673 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: StazOn Midi Pads
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 09:40:37 AM »
Daniel what you said keeps going through my mind once in a while:

Don't sweat cleaning the stamps, just use them with your StazOn!

Are you saying that the StazOn ink will not hurt the stamps (clear or rubber) if it's left on them?

I was thinking that if the staining is really the only issue and point of using StazOn ink cleaner (to get the stain off completely), then I was thinking that maybe I'll just use the ink cleaner I have and "let be" with the stains left behind from using the StazOn ink.  My Ranger Archival Ink stains plenty of my stamps already!  I don't have a problem with stained stamps since it doesn't affect future stampings.  My only concern is to protect the rubber material and clear stamps material itself.

Anyone use regular (non-solvent) stamp cleaner to clean StazOn ink off? 
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 08:07:44 AM »
If u do it right away, baby wipes will get a lot of the stazon ink off.

I think they say it will dry out your stamps over time, but how long is it going to take?. IDK.

I have heard that it is worse for your clear stamps, but again, this is just what I have heard, I haven't had any issues yet. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 08:52:54 AM »
...Are you saying that the StazOn ink will not hurt the stamps (clear or rubber) if it's left on them?...

I'm saying that I have lots of stamps (mainly rubber) that are gunky with ink--StazOn, pigment & dye. They continue to stamp just fine. I tend to clean my stamps only when I begin to be unable to 'see' what the image is on the rubber or the ink  builds up in the lines of very detailed stamps.

If u do it right away, baby wipes will get a lot of the stazon ink off.

I think they say it will dry out your stamps over time, but how long is it going to take?. IDK.

I have heard that it is worse for your clear stamps, but again, this is just what I have heard, I haven't had any issues yet. 

Good advice, Heidi. I can't really speak to clear stamps, but I have used both rubbing alcohol & acetone-based polish remover on my rubber stamps for years. With no sign of dried-out rubber or other degrading of the material.

BTW? I've begun to use my new midis & I am in love with the colors--very different from the original StazOn colors I first used several years ago.
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 09:06:52 AM »
Thanks Daniel and Heidi!  Very encouraging to know that info!  And I like the colors too---can't wait to see the inks when you use them on your projects Daniel! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 07:51:51 AM »
Ditto!  I like the smell of stazon!  I haven't seen the midi's yet.  I do like spray cleaners.  I have a stamp scrubbing pad from SU but you can buy the pads elsewhere.  SU's is double sided, nice big size and has rubber gripping feet to keep it in place on the counter.  It's one SU product I think is worth the extra money.

Sorry, I diverged.

Stazon midi's, hmmm ... I don't know that I need them just yet ... I might raid your cart Daniel for a few of the other items  :smile:  I think you'll really love the glossy paper.
Cindi