Author Topic: Christmas All Year - November 2019  (Read 3758 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - November 2019
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 12:11:52 PM »
If they were cheap stamps, I would not be so surprised.  I often check clear stamps to see if they are made in the USA.  I thought Hero Arts were higher quality, that's why I am surprised.  I also own a Peace set and Happy.  Neither of them has been used very often.  I think I will stamp them out as well.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 12:17:15 PM »
Heidi, in your gallery comment you mentioned the border punch that I used.  Yes, I like that one too!  In addition to the tiny holes, it embosses two lines along the points.  Might not show up in my picture.  And this punch works well!  I had to throw away one of my mom's Martha Stewart punches last weekend because it just would not punch completely.  We looked underneath and the metal was bent, so it obviously had never been able to work.

I'm sure I bought this punch when Michael's had a whole wall of Martha Stewart paper crafting.  Not so much any more.

An example of why we need to play with our toys as soon as we bring them home!  Otherwise it's too late to return them when they are defective.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2019, 12:33:36 PM »
Happy to report that my Hero Arts "Happy" and "Peace" Stamp & Cut sets work fine.  Phew!  I emailed the picture of the stamped impression of the "Joy" set to Hero Arts.  I'll let you know what happens.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 12:54:29 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 08:18:49 AM »
I emailed the picture of my Joy stamps, stamped out to Hero Arts.  I mentioned the die is fine, can the stamps be replaced?
I received quick replies from Hero Arts via email.

First they asked if I remembered when and where I bought my stamp set?
    I was pretty sure it was at Joann's, over a year or two ago.  So no receipt.

Then they asked for my address so they can send me a new set.

Yay Hero Arts!

Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 08:29:29 AM »
I emailed the picture of my Joy stamps, stamped out to Hero Arts.  I mentioned the die is fine, can the stamps be replaced?
I received quick replies from Hero Arts via email.

First they asked if I remembered when and where I bought my stamp set?
    I was pretty sure it was at Joann's, over a year or two ago.  So no receipt.

Then they asked for my address so they can send me a new set.

Yay Hero Arts!

Good news! I was pretty sure they would do that. I wonder if they were stored improperly or something, before you purchased it.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2019, 09:09:10 AM »
I wonder if they were stored improperly or something, before you purchased it.

I had the same thought.  At first I thought maybe it was me, but all 3 sets are stored and used the same way, and two are fine.  So it could be that this set sat on a truck in the heat somewhere?  Once I started stamping them all out, and found that the Peace sentiment was also bad, I remembered that one failed early on.  So I really do think they were not right to begin with ... I just hadn't stamped them all out before.  In fact at least two or three were bad prior to this year's card making ... "Tidings" was the last straw!

I received a set of Sizzix stamps as a gift (not made in USA) that I suspect may have come from a garage sale.  They were a sticky, gooey mess!  Looked fine in the package, but very sticky and could not be pulled off the acetate without making a mess.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2019, 01:24:59 PM »
Here are my last 4 one sheet wonder cards.  I tried to put them all in one photo so as not to overwhelm the gallery. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=4712&message_id=e22b735e14e4ee666cbb989c250fd8c7&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

I totally recommend doing this type of project to help create a lot of cards, but without having to make them all the same, which is how many kits are set up. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2019, 09:10:57 AM »
That is another great set of cards Heidi!  Don't worry about flooding the gallery, you can post individually.  Each of your cards is unique.  This is a fun way to make Christmas cards.  Not quite as fast as mass producing the exact same card, but fun.

Hey!  I got a package from Hero Arts yesterday!  They sent me a new Joy stamp and cut set.  AND, included a free Clearly Kelly stamp set called "Kelly's All Decked Out".  I think I will be able to use it in the Christmas journal/album I made at the scrapbook store. It's really cute.

Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2019, 09:38:42 PM »
Here is another submission for this month's challenge.  Thank you so much for this fun event!  I now have 40 Christmas cards completed.

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4713#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2019, 10:30:08 PM »
Way to go Nora!  40 cards, yay!  I'm glad you enjoy this challenge.  I love the way you used your stencil.  It looks really nice with the holly.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2019, 11:26:40 AM »
Here are 4 pet related cards I made yesterday. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4723#top_display_media

Even with these added in, I am a few cards short!  Since I wanted to send some to the Angel tree, I am doing a one sheet wonder today that makes 8 cards. I hope I finish I have so much else to do too.

Wish me luck!
~~Heidi~~