Author Topic: AIR warm-up challenge-NOW OPEN  (Read 8584 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
AIR warm-up challenge-NOW OPEN
« on: May 29, 2015, 11:45:34 AM »
Yes this is a drive-by! #>

We all know that most athletes warm-up the bodies before beginning an event, musicians warm-up their instruments before playing and students do some last moment cramming before tests.  So here is a warm-up activity for AIR stampers to find a way to get their creative juices flowing before our event begins. 

Special supplies needed: a timer within reach and 20 minutes of what is hopefully uninterrupted time to create.   

Instructions-Please read through these instructions so you will understand what this challenge entails. ONLY WHEN you are ready to create you will open the link to find the creative tutorial.
•    Once you are ready to create you will come back to this thread and  post a reply on this thread that you are starting this challenge (nothing lengthy needed). Set your timer for 20 minute and Start your timer now. Find the link I leave in a post below with the link to a specific blog.  Note: It might not be posted immediately below this post if others post before I do.

•   Open the link.  There you will find a pretty simple looking technique with a short photo tutorial.  Your goal is to give the technique a quick try… then continue on with whatever inspiration you want to explore...you know, as Daniel would say:  Follow the ‘what if’ I would try________?  Or simply develop what you started.  There are NO Rules for what you create and definitely no expectations that you will complete any item like a ATC, card, etc. Whatever you create all is good-if you feel a little stalled in creating no worries this is what the challenge is meant to help- to kick-up your mojo up a notch. So just go with getting something on your paper.

•   When your timer goes off, back away from your work and throw up your hands in the air and say “YES, I am ready for AIR!" :smile:! Take a selfie if you like!

•   If you want to be included in the random drawing for a little surprise place e a photo and description of your work in the gallery no later than Noon your time zone Saturday May 30th. Please label your gallery post AIR 2015 Warm-Up. Be sure to post a link to your gallery post here and a description of your process.

•   Yes, you can use your work from this challenge as a part of another one if allowed.

PLEASE no sneak peeks at the tutorial or the galley before completing your challenge!
Now go get ready to accept this challenge.  Have fun!...Jan

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:05:31 PM by Far North »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: AIR warm-up challenge-NOW OPEN
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 12:44:29 PM »
Have you set your timer?

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:46:33 PM »
If your timer is set...Here is the link.  Have fun!

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 03:28:51 PM »
i got home early from work so I am trying this.

I have set my timer ;-)

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 04:01:47 PM »
Ok, I got interrupted for a few minutes but I finished. will post a picture once my camera recharges, lol

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 05:51:27 PM »
I am going to give it a go!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 06:23:01 PM »
I am ready for air!

So I first would like to say, maybe you should clean up your workspace before you start.... Just saying...

However, if you don't, you can just use the stuff that is kindof already out....

I have two photos to share. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1583#top_display_media

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1582#top_display_media

This was very fun!  Thanks for the warm up!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 09:03:59 PM »
Going to make sure my craft area is all cleaned up and then I'm going to try this here in a few minutes....I am so glad there is a time limit Jan--b/c if not, I really do think I'd tell myself I didn't have time to play tonight! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 09:31:14 PM »
I'm starting.
Sarah

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 09:34:33 PM »
ok my table is cleaned off and now I am going to go click on the link....

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 10:10:42 PM »
Ok, Heidi you work really fast.  I can't believe you got 3 done. 

My timer went off while I was working on my second piece.  So I only got one done.   I'll finish up the second one tomorrow and share it when I get if finished.

Reindeer

Thanks for a fun challenge, Jan.  I must admit that the timer was a bit nerve racking and I lost a good five minutes trying to decide on the dies to use. 
Sarah

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 10:17:29 PM »
Ok, here I go.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 10:20:26 PM »
Ok I finished!  Oh wow!  you guys got multiple ones finished!!!   :o   That's great! 

I do have to admit that you can do more in 20 min than I thought!!! 

Here are my pears:  two pears

I am really glad that I already had a palette of dried watercolor paints that I could just pull out and start using--that was a real help---but I too was trying to hurry and pick dies....but I suppose for this technique you could use past cut-outs if you save them (I end up saving any I do not use). 

TY Jan!  I HAVE to remember this exercise when I tell myself I don't have time---you showed me I do and can!   O0

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 10:55:53 PM »
Done, put in gallery.  It was fun , but now tire and bedtime.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 07:44:13 AM »
Fun entries everyone!  And it is true you can get more done in 20 minutes than you think.  The time limit sometimes helps!
~~Heidi~~