Author Topic: AIR warm-up challenge-NOW OPEN  (Read 8580 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: AIR warm-up challenge-NOW OPEN
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2015, 08:19:44 AM »
I wanted to say thanks to the players who played yesterday! Kathy (hope you battery is now charged).  I decided I wanted to wait until all of today's posting is completed to comment on your results. In the meantime see you playing the challenges!

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2015, 09:25:12 AM »
Okay, you all have me wondering and intrigued, so I have sort of cleared my space and will set my timer now!

Stampwilly

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 09:43:18 AM »
I am finished and will upload now to the gallery. Look for the mistake I made when I get my sample up. LOL!

Stampwilly

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 09:53:04 AM »
My camera is all charged up and here is the link to my piece. This was my second one. On the first, the tape didn't hold and the watercolor leaked under the die cuts. It did some on this one too but at least you can recognize the shapes, hehehe

Butterfly and Flower

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 10:00:54 AM »
Here are my 2 entries. I loved how the piece looked also with the butterflies still on so I am showing both results.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1590#top_display_media -- final piece

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1592#top_display_media -- with butterflies attached with their wings lifted

Stampwilly

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 10:51:59 AM »
ok, time challenges are not for me, LOL!  I forgot to post that I was starting, got into my room and was all worked up about what to use so I just grabbed the first die I had, not fun trying to put adhesive on the back of such thing strips.  I ended up having a little over 5 minutes to spare so I could have taken my time with the water coloring. 
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1593&message_id=32a451f9a35f6794a34ee174bc60f753&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

Forgot to say that I had already seen the examples in the gallery this morning when I went to post my challenge cards, so I cheated there.  :angel:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:53:47 AM by Conniecrafter »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: AIR warm-up challenge-ClOSED
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2015, 11:47:28 AM »
This challenge is now closed.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2015, 11:14:03 AM »
Connie; "Forgot to say that I had already seen the examples in the gallery this morning when I went to post my challenge cards, so I cheated there.  :angel:

Jan's reply--Yes, I saw that and several others left traces that they too crossed the line-but this is not reality TV where I could design controls- smile:  I wish there was a way to keep it all a surprise but I do think the anxiousness of the time factor caused some not to remember all the details.  LoL..you can bet if I ever have a million dollars to give away there will be strict controls but until then I ask for folks to do their best and have fun.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:15:36 AM by Far North »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: AIR warm-up challenge-Winner announcement
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2015, 11:23:04 AM »
Yes the first warm-up was a success with 7 players howdyheidi, Craft Nerd, Yellowcherrrios, Stamp Willy, Yankee, Connie Crafter and SWLady.  Together they  posted 13 pieces!  And I was not sure if anyone would want to play-LOL!

I love that we had some serendipity magic occurring while you played.  It's something that happens a little more frequently when there isn’t time to consider alternatives and we just jump in and create.  We certainly have fabulously creative folks who can let their natural instincts do the creative work.  I am so glad all of you played!

For me this was a tough challenge to describe in the written presentation especially since it was a totally new direction and  I really could not test my write up  like I usually do.  So I would appreciate your thoughts on changes you would like me to consider if I host a similar challenge in the future…please leave a post here if you have any thoughts.
A BIG Thanks to all of your for being adventuresome to try out the new challenge style! You are the BEST!

Yes, I know you stopped In to learn the results of the randomly selected surprise winner. 
And that is Connie Crafter!
Congratulations Connie!  It is a busy week here but I will try to pop your surprise in the mail to you by the end of the week.

I will be watching the gallery to see what wonderful things you all are creating!....Jan

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2015, 11:40:08 AM »
Congrats Connie!

Jan, I think that the people who saw the gallery postings probably did before they looked at this thread.  I don't think many of us described the process much when we did the postings, so it was still new and fresh to click over to the tutorial.

I do know that you announced previously that you would have a warm up to the fest week, but since it fell mostly on the day before the fest started, I think maybe putting up a blank thread earlier may have helped some plan, but it did not affect me. 

I most of all liked the limited time element to this.  I think for this one the technique was also a limit, but one could also limit the supplies in some way instead of limiting the technique. 

Again, thanks very much for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 03:31:06 PM »
Oh my I feel bad I was letting you know I peeked ahead at what the others did so you wouldn't put me in the running for a package, it was sweet of you too include me even though I was a bad girl but I totally understand if you want to redraw  :smile:

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 03:42:53 PM »
It's ok by me, I cheated by going over the time  by at least 5 min. Or more.
I was on a roll and didn't want to stop!  That is my story and I am sticking to it!
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2015, 07:10:14 PM »
Congrats, Connie.  I have no problem with your accidental sneak peak.

I really enjoined this challenge.  Especially the time limit, even if it was a bit nerve wracking.  I agree with Heidi about more of a heads-up about when the challenge is going to start since it started before the official start date of AIR.  But I did enjoy having a warm-up challenge.  So thanks again for hosting. 
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2015, 10:43:06 PM »
Thanks, great ideas for another round! Getting the word out is a definite will-do...that was a misunderstanding on my part.  I thought doing the list of challenges and noting the time frame for this one was all I needed to do to have a spot to post the challenge ...yadda- yadda....but Sadie immediately jumped on this issue when I further described the issue. 

Heidi your ideas for switching the topic for future challenges are thoughts I will keep in my notes...thanks!

Connie - So glad you moved with us from 2 Peas and are now playing and hosting a challenges too!  This is a great group!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:45:21 PM by Far North »

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2015, 10:44:06 PM »
Congratulations Connie!   O0  I too do not have a problem with the accidental peak...I can see how it can happen since there are not folders for each separate challenge etc. 

I really enjoyed this challenge---I loved the limits that were in place---especially the time, but also already having a simple technique laid out was nice too.....it was kinda cool that the 20 min limit did not allow for "practicing" the technique and I found that freeing!  So these limits help with my "following the rules" and perfectionism I have, but at the same time it also allowed for me to break free from those 2 things too!  Cool!   Also when stuff started not sticking and the time limit was there, how can you follow the rules of the tutorial?!   ;D  I had to go with the flow and now with fresh eyes, I like how the paint bled under my pears---it does add a 3D-ish effect and as April said, an artsy look. 

I know I want to do this challenge again for myself b/c I gained so much from it. Thank you Jan for hosting it!
~~Melissa :)