Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2018 - April  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2018 - April
« on: April 02, 2018, 12:12:24 PM »
I hope everyone had a Happy Easter and wasn't fooled too harshly on April Fool's Day!

Our handbell ringing went smoothly and we are taking a break from rehearsals this week.  Yay! 
We had a trumpet player accompanying the hymns and playing a prelude and postlude.  He is really good.  He and the music director surprised us at the last service and he played accordion through part of communion and as the postlude.  He's in a band that is well known through polka and Oktoberfest circles.  Once he played the alpenhorn which was REALLY cool (as in Ricola .... cough drop commercial). 

Ok, from Easter back to Christmas prep!  This month's prompt is to use heat embossing anywhere on your card.  If I feel ambitious I may try heat embossing a hand written sentiment.  Have you seen the Ranger Letter It line in Michael's?  And Kelly Creates (American Crafts)?  Ranger has packaged 2 "medium" markers (brush tip and bullet tip), that contain clear embossing ink.  Kelly Creates has brush script stamps with the idea you stamp them on paper, layer parchment paper over the top and practice your lettering by tracing.  Why not combine and trace with clear ink and then emboss?  Haven't tried it yet, just an idea.  Of course for this prompt you can heat emboss anything you want; your image, background, sentiment ....

Please remember to upload your Christmas card to the Christmas All Year 2018 album in the gallery, and link it here.  As always, using the prompt is optional.

Happy April!

Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2018 - April
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:56:43 PM »
Thanks for the prompt!  This should be a good one.  Maybe I should try some watercolor resist, or something.
I have seen those products at michaels!  The tiny inkpads are cute!

Glad your handbell ringing went so well. I am sure I would have enjoyed it!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 09:23:23 AM »
Sounds like your church does some interesting music Cindi, our church sang God's not dead on Easter and my hubby leaned over and said wow we are going Rock and Roll, LOL!

I have used my embossing pen to fill in spots that my stamp may have missed when embossing or to add spots of embossing but never to write with I don't recall. Thanks for the prompt, hopefully I can get more than one card made this month.   Hey I finally posted the card I made with that stamp set you sent after winterfest, thanks again that set is too cute :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 11:03:12 AM »
Watercolor resist sounds like a great way to use heat embossing, Heidi.

Thanks for the tips on ways to use my embossing markers, Connie.  We didn't play handbells at the contemporary service, but they may have sung God's not dead!   

I watched the live "Jesus Christ Superstar" on TV but I have to say I wasn't crazy about it, even though somehow I knew lots of the words to the songs.  Maybe it's one of those things that's better heard not seen?  Or it was too modern/graphic a take for me?  I was first introduced to "Jesus Christ Superstar" in Jr High music class.  We listened to the whole thing over a few weeks of class time and she taught us what a rock opera was, and how to listen.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 11:19:00 AM »
I watched it too last night, I taped it and didn't pay close attention, I was also on my computer but I guess it wasn't for me either really, a bit hard to follow in places and since I didn't know all the songs I couldn't always catch what they were saying, that was my first time ever watching it.

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 04:31:28 AM »
Watercolor resist sounds like a great way to use heat embossing, Heidi.

Thanks for the tips on ways to use my embossing markers, Connie.  We didn't play handbells at the contemporary service, but they may have sung God's not dead!   

I watched the live "Jesus Christ Superstar" on TV but I have to say I wasn't crazy about it, even though somehow I knew lots of the words to the songs.  Maybe it's one of those things that's better heard not seen?  Or it was too modern/graphic a take for me?  I was first introduced to "Jesus Christ Superstar" in Jr High music class.  We listened to the whole thing over a few weeks of class time and she taught us what a rock opera was, and how to listen.

I, too, had a hard time watching it and trying to keep up with the story line.  It was a little too rockish for me.
Beth

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 04:36:58 PM »
I hope to start on my cards soon. Thanks for the prompt!

April :smile:

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 01:11:04 PM by stampwilly »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 12:01:42 PM »
Wow April!  You are right on track!  Thanks for posting your embossed Christmas cards.  It's great that you are able to find things in your stash and make beautiful cards with them.  Yay you!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 09:21:38 AM »
I made mine yesterday but didn't get the pictures until this morning, I too embossed on pattern paper since time was getting down to the wire :)
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3969#top_display_media

I was glad I did two because I think I liked this one more, you can see the embossing on the cream patterned paper better than the color I think.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3970#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 10:20:46 PM »
Excellent cards Heidi and Connie!  Thanks for posting!  You are way ahead of me  ::)

Be on the lookout for the May challenge.
Cindi