Author Topic: Creaative Challenge - Resist using Distress Glaze, May 18-23, 2020  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Creaative Challenge - Resist using Distress Glaze, May 18-23, 2020
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 10:24:38 PM »
*** Notice ***

Connie, you are right!  I found Tim's comment about distress micro glaze.  He does not recommend you use it on a stamp.  It is too hard to clean off and it is a resist.  Therefore it would make your stamp RESIST ink!  Sorry I suggested that earlier.  In the video I linked above for homemade micro glaze, she did stamp with her concoction.  Thank you for pointing it out Connie!  You can watch Tim's video about distress inks and distress glaze here.  He speaks about stamping with glaze and how it is a no no, at about 1hr 52 minutes in to the video.  Back up and watch about 1 hr 50 minutes to watch him put the glaze through a stencil with blending foam.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 10:28:06 PM »
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2020, 06:53:13 AM »
Nora--so glad you were finally able to post your beautiful background...I too have had issues with posting recently. :-\

Heidi I too have used the glaze to protect cards from all the rain. It only needs a thin thin coat!  I think 1 pot lasts lifetime!  My favorite use is over oxide inks (once it is dry). The colors really pop once the ink is coated and it reduces the milky look...also remember to buff of the excess glaze.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2020, 07:01:38 AM »
Thanks everyone for the many great backgrounds you shared! You all shared lots of new ideas!  I hope to soon try using some more stencils that need to broken-in!
 Thanks for playing!  Connie hope we get to see your backgrounds today!

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2020, 09:11:44 AM »
Nora's Backgrounds

OK.  I see Cindi already posted these.   lol.  Cindi, great minds and all that.

I love the backgrounds that everyone is making.  I bought some MicroGlaze so long ago that it doesn't have Judikins name on it or Distress on it--just the manufacturer's name in small print.  I checked it out when Tim Holtz launched his Distress Glaze to see if it was the same thing.  Yep.  Made by SkyCraft Design.  I saw so many cool techniques using it, and resist is one of my favorite techniques.  Yesterday, I started searching for some of those old videos.  Did I make anything?  No.  Huge Sigh.

Daria
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 09:18:40 AM by djc »

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2020, 09:44:28 AM »
Heidi, try a white crayon over the colors and color it lightly to see how that works, then after smooshing your piece through the colors, buff over the stencil areas with a cloth. I might try that later to see what happens.

April :smile:

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2020, 02:19:00 PM »
Here is my test with the crayon. I colored lightly with a white crayon, you might need to color a little heavier but it worked pretty well.

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2020, 08:30:45 AM »
Wow, that's pretty cool April!  The crayon resist worked!  You got much better results than when I try crayon resist when Easter egg coloring  O0.   Maybe we are afraid to press the crayon too hard on the eggs.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2020, 01:49:46 PM »
I managed to get my backgrounds done yesterday but as soon as I finished we hoped in the car and left and didn't get home until late, I went right to bed.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4970#top_display_media