Author Topic: Creativation 2019  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Creativation 2019
« on: January 16, 2019, 12:19:35 PM »
Has anyone been watching sneak peeks?

I've watched most of Tim Holtz, they are very long though, so I haven't made it all the way through the ideology stuff yet (I skipped ahead to Stampers Anonymous).

TH Chapter 1 (sizzix)
TH Ideology
TH Stampers Anonymous
TH Ranger Distress and Alcohol Inks

Wendy Vecchi did her first ever Facebook Live videos yesterday and today.  I didn't see her live, but watched after the fact. 
Here is a link to her Facebook Page, I haven't found them anywhere else yet. Maybe eventually she will link them on her Studio490 blog.  She is also on Instagram. (In case you're not on FB)
I think yesterday was Ranger products, today was Stampers Anonymous.

Please share any other videos you find.  I'd love to know what will go on your wish lists  O0 and what you think is just meh  :-\
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:41:46 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Creativation 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 06:45:44 PM »
The Shimmer alcohol inks were a bit of a surprise.  Would I really want them?  I see that they are different than just adding mixative, but i am getting more picky with what I choose to store, also...

I have not seen many sneak peeks though!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:51:05 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 06:53:04 PM »
Here is a website that lists the sneak peeks.

https://www.scrapbookupdate.com/afci-creativation-sneak-peeks-2019/
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 07:34:14 PM »
Thanks for the link Heidi.

Ooooh, ahhh, inky goodness!  I rarely use sprays because I find them messy ... but those Distress Oxide sprays?  They look really cool!

I kind of felt the same way about the pearl AI, Heidi, but then again, pearlescent always looks better in person, so maybe ...
What I did like was the way regular AI looked on his AI shimmer paper.  But then I have shimmer paper at home I need to try it on.  If the black paper has the feel I'm hoping for, that might be nice.  I bought some really cool feeling paper when I was with Jan in Akron.  I'm hoping that's what it is. 

Did you catch the tip about watercolor paper?  I don't think I've heard that before :

Tim Holtz advised heat setting right away, stamped images on watercolor paper to keep a crisper image.  He said the longer it sits, the more the ink has a chance to feather.  I need to remember that.

I need to get up and do something productive!  I love watching these videos (though I have to speed up Tim!), it's hard to step away from the computer!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 10:13:50 PM »
I believe it was in his Ideology post the wings he had in there were pretty cool, I might have to pick them up, love the big flower stamp he has too, wasn't really interested in any of the others, liked his flower dies but not much else out of that release either, thanks for the other links!
A girl in my other card group is going to creativation, look forward to hear what she says about it

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 11:19:40 PM »
I appreciate the posts here! I caught a few of the first sneaks but then life got busy so I will have to catch them later.  Thanks again!...Jan

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 09:18:37 PM »
Connie, yes, the wings!  They were my favorite part of the idea-ology release!  From his Sizzix release I like the voltage die.   Great for guys, it looks like a gauge, and there is a stamp that fits it in The Professor stamp set.  I don't own anything like it ...
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 01:48:17 PM »
I've enjoyed a few videos today from Creativation. 

I particularly appreciate Christine's, ScrapTimeVideos, on youtube.  Her coverage is concise and the camera work is smooth and focused.  I love seeing the samples.  Here is Tim's February release with Stamper's Anonymous, just for example. 

I can also recommend this video, by Hedgehog Hollow of all of the cases in the New Product Showcase.

What do you think?

There is so much ink!  Tim's new archivals to match distress (is he copying Wendy Vecchi here?  with a blendable ink and a permanent ink, tempting though.  I do like archival) . Simon Hurley?  Really, does each designer need their own ink? 

In new products, the WeR foil quill looks interesting.  I don't know why flock release sheets look tempting, I have flocking powder I rarely use, but still sounds kind of cool.  A glue gun that sucks the glue back in when you release the trigger?  Now that sounds cool.  How nice to not have strings!

What caught your eye?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 01:59:56 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 02:05:14 PM »
One thing I've noticed is that I think presentation does make a difference.
Ecstasy Crafts have been around for a long time.  Hmmm, now where are those piercing/stitching templates?  The "stick-it" type adhesive sheets he was describing could be wonderful ... but I don't think the presenter did a very good job ... at least not in the new product showcase, hopefully the demo will be better at the booth. 

The presenter for the stamps that show motion, and flip book stamps ... she didn't introduce herself so I don't know what company she is with.

I shouldn't criticize!  I don't like public speaking.  Some people have a knack for public speaking and sales.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 07:20:18 PM »
I definitely will be buying the sparkle alcohol ink paper.  Love it very much!

I also agree that the Scraptime videos are always well done. 

I don’t know about the distress colors of archival.  I won’t be buying them, I don’t think, but I am also really out of room for ink, even minis!

I wonder if they think this new kid, Simon Hurley, is bringing in totally new customers, and maybe they is why they gave him a line. I have seen him once or twice before, but didn’t know he was that big.

I only watched a few videos so I will need to look further!  I did flip through the new Hero Arts catalog.  I saw they put that pretty nasturtium that was only a wood block before as a clear stamp set. I really like it.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 01:42:21 PM »
I know I want the oxide sprays, the alcohol pearls ink, the shifters stencils form Tim and those quirky farm animals set from Tim are such fun! There are more things I have written down too. Glad o see some new things to play with!

April :smile:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 02:12:05 PM »
I liked the Heffy Doodle presentation and I as surprised what lovely stamps and stencils Waffle Flower has.  I don’t have anything from either brand!

I changed my mind about the Alcohol pearls since seeing the Scraptime video of his Creativation presentation, since they might be new colors and I could mix and match, I might get a few of them. I do still have some room in that container. 

Tim Hotlz’s facebook live videos are too long and I often lose interest in them, and I think the shorter demos are much easier for me to figure out!

I like the oxide sprays, but I am just not much of a spray person.

I saw Wendi Vecci’s new workmat and liked it, but I am still considering the tonic mixed media mat. 

Gina K has a huge wreath builder stencil set with lots of sizes.  No idea on the price of that.  And new light colored amalgam inks that would be good for any kind of no line coloring (they work with all mediums).
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 09:49:33 PM »
I just finished watching the one presentation and I know this isn't stamping related but I have been seeing some of those diamond pictures you can make that look like cross stitching but they are all little gems, I would like to try one of those out. I guess I should have wrote down because now I forget what else I liked, LOL!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 05:01:30 PM »
The no line watercoloring ink from Ink On 3 looks great too.  I watched a video on that.  I haven't seen Gina K's.

I'm with you Heidi, I just don't think I need Wendy Vecchi's "stay-tion".  Though the big magnets look nice, it would be nice if they sold them separately.  They act like there is nothing like it on the market ... I have a magnetic mat and ruler that is from Basic Grey, maybe it's out of production?

Ooh, I know what you mean Connie, I can't think of the name either ... something with "diamond" in the name.

Did you see the large, I think almost mural sized, "paint" by numbers?  They might be fun to do with kids, or in memory care?  It looked like they were sticking colored squares on to match the numbers?  I don't remember who made them either!

I've been watching some videos TH just posted.  He's showing close ups of the samples in all of his booths.  They are amazing!  I need to follow a few of those people's blogs.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 05:49:32 PM »
I also liked Darkroom Door’s offerings.  I don’t have any of their products yet. 

I know the diamond “paintings” and they look fun!  A gal at my craft group says she does them and likes them.

I saw the Ink on 3 video and that looks like something to try! 

I saw another video of Wendy Vecchi showing her stay-tion, and she was stenciling and the stencil moved.  She thought she just moved it too early as she was demoing in a hurry, but I rewound it twice and I think the stencil just moved anyhow. 

A person at SCS told me about these Sizzix Sticky Grid papers that Tim Holtz showed in some video.  They aren’t new, but they are like a big double stick removeable sticky note that you can hold your paper down.  You reuse the stick note as many as 20+ times.  I think I will try those for stenciling.

Also, I was using my Stamping Platform today and was thinking if I wanted to magnet stencils down, maybe I could try it on that first. 

~~Heidi~~