Author Topic: Books for your home library  (Read 885 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Books for your home library
« on: March 19, 2015, 12:48:49 PM »
With access to lots of online information & images, many of us use that resource on a regular basis these days. That said, I'm sure some of us have some 'real' books that we use now & again when we're working on ideas & projects. While many of them may be craft-specific, they need not be. They may not even be craft-oriented, but--for whatever reason--they help us when we're crafting. So....

Here's your chance to play 'librarian'. Just share the title of the book(s) you're recommending & (please) check to see if it is still available. OK?
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Books for your home library
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 01:01:32 PM »
I have 2 books I'm recommending for inclusion in a crafter's home library. Both are still in print & available.

The first is Handbook Of Ornament. My copy is a papercover from Dover Pub. It contains tons of visuals (3002 illustrations) & many of the ones in the books first half show how to make designs in a fairly simple manner. Everything from borders to arches.

The second is Graphic Idea Notebook. I bought mine in '85 & it appears there is an updated version. Regardless of which one you find, this is a wonderful resource for cardmakers, scrappers & any one looking for ways to deal with 'images' in interesting ways--with & without the use of words/letters.

Just recently rediscovered these 2 volumes & they will be going with me wherever I end up. ;)
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Books for your home library
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 04:37:35 PM »
I have more books for knitting than I do for papercrafting.  Although I actually learned the mechanics of knitting from some very old videos (before youtube was so popular). 

I do have a few books though. I think I might like the magazines better?  I should take a closer look at them though!

I take out whatever books the library has too.  There were some good ones on watercolor.
~~Heidi~~