Stamping > General Stamping Chat

#THE100DAYPROJECT . *** Scroll down for 2019 update ***

<< < (2/3) > >>

Yankee:
I am so not good at doing anything for a certain time frame!
So I will have to pass.

Iring:
I totally get it!  It's a very lofty goal.  Consistency is not one of my strengths!  In fact I haven't decided what I am going to try to do for 100 days and it starts today.

Iring:
I signed up for the email with more information about the 100 Day Project and I got a link to some interviews with the person who inspired the project, Michael Bierut, and some people who have completed the project in the past.  This year is the 5th year.  If you only listen to one, I think the one with Michael Bierut is interesting, and maybe it will inspire you?

So, I sort of decided on a project.  Ha!  Actually I had a hard time deciding, so I picked two things and they are both way more open ended than they should be. ;D . My goals are (1) to create every day, even if it's just for 10 minutes, but with a goal of at least 20 minutes.  I'm emphasizing crochet.  I have some projects that need finishing, and some waiting to be started.  I figure if I crochet every day for 20 minutes, I have to get better, right?  Also, I have a few Craftsy classes waiting for me to watch, and practice.  Also, I know I will be away for some of the days and crochet is pretty portable.  I'm counting stamping too, if I stamp rather than crochet.  (2) do something outside every day, strive for 20 minutes. 

How am I doing?  Well, it is Day 6 for me. 
Outside -
I've already let the outside slide, unless I count walking the dog at night, which we do every night!  The first few days I deadheaded some hanging geraniums and cleaned up some other plants, and watered.  I hope to get back on the band wagon and get out in the daylight and make some improvements to the yard, or just pick up and water.

Create -
I added a crochet edge to a flannel, hemstitched baby bib.  Yay!  I ordered the bibs 4 years ago  :o.  I have 3 more bibs waiting for crochet edges.  Today, I haven't crocheted yet, but I did stamp a SU lavender stamp with multiple inks and techniques.  I borrowed the stamp from a friend and wanted to return it today. 

I'm keeping notes on my project in a little notebook.  I am not personally posting on Instagram, at least not yet, because I think some of my crochet will be gifts that I don't necessarily want to be seen.

I listened to the interviews I linked while I crocheted, which was nice.  I will probably watch youtube videos or Craftsy classes in the future.

Anyone want to jump in?  You can start your personal 100 days any time. 

howdyheidi:
Cindi, I would love to hear how you do with the crocheting every day thing!  I find that when I try to crochet more, I have a hard time getting the stamping in.   I do have some small and big project I have been meaning to try, though! It is easier to take your crochet with you instead of stamping stuff. 

That is a good goal to be outside for 20 minutes a day. 

I just got myself a knock off fit bit watch, so I have been trying to get my 10000 steps each day for the last week.  I didn’t make it every day, but it has helped me be more active overall. 

I’m not sure what specific creative pursuit I would add?

You mentioned that you are not instagramming your projects because you won’t want family members to see their gifts.  That is why none of my family knows about my blog! I wouldn’t want them to see a card before they got it, and I am not organized enough to wait to post cards until I have sent them!

Iring:
That's wise Heidi!  Easier to just not share your blog, than to keep track of which cards have been sent. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version