Stamping > General Stamping Chat

alcohol ink storage

(1/2) > >>

Iring:
How do you store your alcohol inks?  Standing up or lying down?  Do you know if Ranger recommends one way over the other?

I store mine lying on their sides in a shallow drawer.  When I got some out for Winterfest, I noticed one had leaked a bit, but I was still able to get the top off.  In the case of the mixatives, I'm wondering if on the side is best because even though I had to do some banging and shaking, I was able to get the mixing ball moving again.

Does anyone own Ranger's storage tin?  Do you like it?

Thanks for your input.  I'm debating whether I should change how I sore my alcohol inks.

howdyheidi:
Hi.  I store my alcohol inks standing up.  They are in a plastic bin I bought at Michaels. I did have one that leaked out quite a bit when it was laying on its side, so I do try to keep them upright now.  I guess I do wonder if storing the mixitive on their side would make it easier to mix up, but I am afraid of leakage. 

I thought about the ranger box, but didn’t get one.  I have other things (like embossing powders, reinkers, etc) stored in the same type of plastic box, so I wanted to keep everything stackable.

Iring:
Thanks Heidi!

Would anyone else like to share?

stampwilly:
I do the same as Heidi. I store mine upright in a plastice bin. I also thought about buying the ranger one, but decided I was doing fine with what I had.

April :smile:

Far North:
April I think you made a great decision.  I am unhappy with Tim's newest storage box. It has no handle to carry any thing else in my hand when I want to move it to my work area.  It has no storage area for all the tools and products I need to work with the alcohol inks. 

I had a couple bottles that leaked at the seam. And while Ranger replaced them I have never wanted to store them flat on their sides.  Tim said the mixing bead often gets stuck in the neck of the bottle...so I am not sure flat would be a better choice.

I am not sure I love mixatives since they often add a strong opaque presence. 

Does anyone use a closed box with a system that keeps the bottles standing upright? If so can you share the company brand?

I recently saw that Tiffany-The Organizer will be soon doing a class at Scrapbook.com (hope that's right-it's the site where we stored photos after 2 Peas closed).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version