Author Topic: SF18- Aqua Wash - Winner announced  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
SF18- Aqua Wash - Winner announced
« on: July 06, 2018, 01:51:51 PM »
I saw this technique  http://stampinwithkjoyink.typepad.com/stampinwithkjoyink/2017/02/aqua-wash-technique-featuring-lift-me-up-stamp-set.html and thought it was an interesting way to make a background with water color pens.  I have made one example that I will post tomorrow.

I wanted to have more ways of using my Spectrum Aqua pens, if you don't have any water based pens I will allow distress inks, but I would love to see this technique done with pens.  If you would like to make a background, and stamp and cut out you may do that also, but please share what your background looked like here before making your card.  I would like to see one stamped image at least, but you may also use dies on your card too.  I used a quart size bag for mine instead of a sandwich bag because it was bigger but now I am wondering if the softness of the sandwich bag would work better, my quart size bag was quite stiff.

Use SF18-Aqua wash when posting your cards and please also share here if you have tried this, I will be sending out a package to a random drawn name.

Please let me know if I have forgotten anything, or if you have any questions.

My finished card : http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4049#top_display_media

Here is my first attempt

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:01:30 AM by Conniecrafter »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: SF18- Aqua Wash
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 07:44:45 AM »
A very pretty technique!  I tried something similar with distress oxide ink pads.  This technique looks more controlled because you add the water to the paper instead of the plastic.  Fun!  I will be happy to try it.  Good tip about trying a regular sandwich bag that is more flexible.

Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 09:50:27 AM »
Sounds like fun!  I will try it with my Tombow markers, they're water based.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 03:24:45 PM »
I’ve been playing around with this a little today and found I was out of my normal watercolor paper.  I had a pack of the Tim Holtz paper so I tried that.  The rough side looks nice but it is so rough it is hard to stamp on.  And for some odd reason, when I tried the smooth side, there are dark lines throughout, like there were scratches on the paper that the ink settled into.  I am thinking I might need to go to the craft store and get some regular watercolor paper. 

Has anyone had that issue?
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 05:44:09 PM »
Well, I decided to go with one of my backgrounds for a winter card. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4052#top_display_media

Here are some backgrounds here.  I used pink and blue, and then blue, aqua and purple in the other.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4051#top_display_media

Thanks for the challenge!  I like this technique for controlling the water and color.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 10:14:00 AM »
Question : Are we allowed to combine your challenge with another? 

I made a few backgrounds last night.  They are so, so!  I also liked using a sandwich bag rather than a stiff zip lock.  I think today I might try this technique on SU shimmer paper.  I think the water will sit on top better and allow more blending?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:24:36 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 10:53:00 AM »

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 10:54:59 AM »
I loved your backgrounds Heidi, so cute with your snowman, I had a bit of those scratches too on mine, I was thinking when I was squishing if my nails were doing that.

Cindi, I really would rather it not be combined with the other challenges.  I may have to try it again with a sandwich bag.

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 10:57:44 AM »
Wow April I love your card, and great idea with the glitter pens, I will have to give that a try after I finish everyone else's challenges

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 08:26:46 PM »
Well, I haven't tried shimmer paper yet, but I made use of some of my watercolor paper aqua wash backgrounds.  Thanks for the challenge Connie! 

Here are my backgrounds.

And here is my finished card.
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 09:55:02 PM »
This was a fun challenge!  I used the aqua wash technique with my Tombow markers!  After several attempts at making some background the technique came together!  Once dry I colored my silhouette poppy stamp by Impression Obsession with my Towbows. You can view my card in the gallery.
And here is a look at another background.

Thanks Connie for hosting this fun challenge!
Jan
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:03:23 PM by Far North »

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 10:44:01 AM »
So loving the results everyone is getting, thanks for doing the challenge

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 09:01:02 AM »
Thanks to everyone that played along on my challenge, I really loved seeing everyone's results and how you used them.

Finally had hubby draw a name :)

April was picked!  I will get out a package soon.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Re: SF18- Aqua Wash - Winner announced
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 10:11:28 AM »
YAY! This was a fun challenge. Thanks, Connie. :smile:

April

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: SF18- Aqua Wash - Winner announced
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 01:51:03 PM »
Congrats, April!
~~Heidi~~