Stamping/Crafting Fests! > Winterfest 2020 Challenges and Chats

WF20 Cardboard -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!

(1/7) > >>

stampwilly:
My challenge is to use a piece of cardboard for the front of your card. You may use a piece from a box. I used a thinner piece from a paper pad. Sometimes they have those in a paper pad to keep the pad sturdy.

Please follow the technique in the video here.  https://tinascraftyinkspot.com/technique-tuesday-episode-27corrugated-cardboard-background/  She talks a lot so you may want to start at 6:40. She uses acrylic paint. If you do not want to use acrylic paint, swiping over the cardboard with an ink pad several times works well too. If you do use acrylic paint, I found that using a brayer to apply the paint works better. The paint does not seep into the ridges as much.

Here are the rules! :smile:

1. Follow the technique in the video using paint or ink
2. Use at least one image stamp, not just a saying. You may stamp directly on the card, fussy
    cut or cut out the stamp with a die
3. Please post your card in the gallery under Winterfest 2020 with the heading WF20 Cardboard,
      then please post the
    link here so that we will not miss it.

I hope you will enjoy this technique. I will give an RAK to a randomly chosen winner! Most of all have fun.

Below are my samples using paint and ink. On the blue card I used paint and permanent ink to stamp the image.  On the brown card I use Distress ink and cut out the image to add to the card.

April :smile:

howdyheidi:
April, your samples are absolutely gorgeous!  This looks like it will be a lot of fun.  I will enjoy watching the video a little later today. 

Thank you for hosting a challenge!

Canadian, eh:
This challenge looks very interesting.  Thank goodness recycling hasn't been taken out already.  Your samples are stunning!!!  Thanks for the video link.

Conniecrafter:
Oh wow that looks cool, great examples, thanks for sharing the link

Canadian, eh:
April, all my cardboard is flat from cereal boxes.  Can I substitute with my corrugated embossing folder on Kraft cardstock?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version