Author Topic: WF15 Impressions Challenge (2/21-3/1)----WINNER ANNOUNCED!  (Read 8242 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: WF15 Impressions Challenge (2/21-3/1)
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 08:47:04 AM »
This was a fun and very appropriate challenge considering most of us are in a deep freeze,Melissa! Once I looked at the picture I knew I had to use a tree stamp I had. I was inspired by the icy blues in this photo.

Here's my card I made
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1143

Thanks,Melissa! I enjoyed creating his one and getting all inky!

LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 09:06:33 AM »
Great piece LeighAnn!!
~~Melissa :)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 02:47:52 PM »
I enjoyed doing this challenge and really liked the image that you picked.  On my card I wanted to keep the trees from you image.  Hope you enjoy my card.

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 03:08:21 PM »
Great card Ann!  I just love the embossed panel and the sparkle over the tree PP. 

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 10:16:56 PM »
I finally got a card done for this challenge.  I wanted a darker blue but I fooled around with this long enough and finally said "good enough" and stopped.  This was an interesting challenge.  My take on the impression was blue, cold, and the reflection.  Thank you for hosting this challenge.

Linky to Winter Card
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 10:28:13 PM »
Great card Sadie!!  I love the layout--that was one thing I also forgot to mention in my comment.

What tree stamp is that Sadie?  I am alway looking for nice tree stamps!!   :smitten:

Is "fresco paint" a specific product? 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 07:22:13 AM »
I finished up my project last night while we were waiting for bingo words to be called.  This project was very fun!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1165&message_id=048127848420cd0d90e52e45a35cd134&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

Thanks for the great challenge! I really like how all the submissions are so different, yet inspired by the same photo and challenge.
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 12:07:01 PM »
Wonderful piece Heidi!!  That BG is so pretty!

I agree with Heidi that it is to neat how everyone's entry is different, but from the same photo!    :smitten:

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 09:51:25 PM »
I finally posted my piece.  I knew immediately upon looking at the picture that I wanted to combo this with the faux patina, that this would be a birthday card from my Dad (who has been building a model train layout for about 10 years now) and that I would use the Stampendous Christmas postcard stamp that I had.

The impressions I got from the picture were blue, train and oval because of the shape created by the arch of the bridge and it's reflection.

Birthday Train

Thanks for a really cool challenge.
Sarah

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »
Great card LeighAnn!  I like your take of the oval from the bridge!  And I am still so impressed with the sentiment embellishment! 

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 10:37:49 AM »
Great card Sadie!!  I love the layout--that was one thing I also forgot to mention in my comment.

What tree stamp is that Sadie?  I am alway looking for nice tree stamps!!   :smitten:

Is "fresco paint" a specific product?

The tree stamp is a very old stamp that used to be mounted on wood and has been unmounted for many years now.  I did not write the names of the stamp companies on the unmounted stamps so I have no idea what company made them, I am finding out that was a bad idea......

Fresco finish paint is Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Chalk paint....made in the UK by Paper Artsy.  It is an acrylic paint that dries to a matt chalky finish.  It is fast drying and works really well for backgrounds and stamping.  On the youtubes Paper Artsy has lots of videos showing how to use it.  It is just another fun medium, cause you can't have too many fun mediums you know.

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2015, 10:39:27 AM »
Thank you to everyone who completed my challenge---I loved seeing everyone's take on the challenge!  And I loved everyone's entries.   :smitten:

8)  :D
But now it's time to pick a winner!  I put all entries on pieces of paper and mixed them up and

the name I drew

was

Sarah!!  Craft Nerd!!   :D

Sarah I have your address for your RAK (unless you've moved etc) and I'll get that out in a few days!!

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2015, 10:41:04 AM »
Congratulations Craft Nerd!

Thank you yellowcherrios for hosting.

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 10:41:54 AM »
The tree stamp is a very old stamp that used to be mounted on wood and has been unmounted for many years now.  I did not write the names of the stamp companies on the unmounted stamps so I have no idea what company made them, I am finding out that was a bad idea......

Fresco finish paint is Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Chalk paint....made in the UK by Paper Artsy.  It is an acrylic paint that dries to a matt chalky finish.  It is fast drying and works really well for backgrounds and stamping.  On the youtubes Paper Artsy has lots of videos showing how to use it.  It is just another fun medium, cause you can't have too many fun mediums you know.

Thank you Sadie for letting me know any info you remember---Maybe searching on the internet I can find similar at least....I too am needing to write on the back or something for my unmounted (and even my clings and clear stamps!!) to remember who made what!

I am going to look into the fersco paint---and I am quickly learning from all the fun things y'all all show that you cannot have too many mediums!!!  and I want them all! lol!!   ;D