Author Topic: Five Things Chatty Game  (Read 15555 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: Five Things Chatty Game
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 09:20:22 AM »
Tuesday 2/24 - 5 things you would like to get/ do to / change about your craft space

1) hang a peg board to hang my decorative scissors on
2) find a permanent spot for my BigKick so I don't have to clear a space to use it
3) find a better home for my silhouette so I don't have to clear my whole desk to use it
4) finish labeling the drawers so I don't have to open everyone to find my pop dots
5) get a second wheeled drawer thing like the one I got when I got my desk (which would probably be the home for my Big Kick)
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 09:35:13 AM »
I definitely want to add a lint roller to my craft room.  Glitter floated all over my desk a few days ago and that would be a quick way to clean it up!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 09:48:00 AM »
Tuesday 2/24 - 5 things you would like to get/ do to / change about your craft space

1.  Oh, just in time!  Add a lint roller!
2.  Hang the wire cube panels (they look like white grids) on the wall behind the door.  A way to make use of a narrow space and display either products or finished pieces.
3.  A fancy closet organizing system or ikea expedit (or two) in the closet would be a dream come true!
4.  Make room for my sewing machine (currently in the dining room) and my Silhouette (currently in the breakfast nook)!  My husband is a patient, easy going man!!
5.  Well, as long as I'm dreaming ... I would love to smash a hole in one wall to add another window!!  Somehow I lost that battle when the house was built.  Never too late, right?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:40:14 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 10:30:46 AM »

1. I would like an actual desk/work area someday
2. I would like to get rid of the twin bed taking up room in the craft room.
3. If I did those two things I might have a place to put my fuse instead of on the twin bed.
4. I need to put up the holders and string wire so I can display the latest projects instead of sitting them on the printers.
5. I need a new chair cushion because if you don't sit down just right the cushion falls off the chair, I just don't ever think about it when I am out and about to buy a new one.

I really am quite low needs as long as I can get at my stuff I am fine.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 01:12:26 PM »
Iring, that is so true!

Daniel, I'm glad you posted because it reminded me of some stamps you had used on a tag that had recipes on them at one time over at 2ps. I really liked them, I think they were sugar loaf stamps? I'm gonna have to go look and see mow!

Pug. The recipe stamps were from Sweet Stampen. I think they are still available. Not sure where/if you can find SugaLoaf stamps. They morphed into 'Inque Boutique' & I believe 'Plaid Ent.' acquired that company.

Heidi & All. Try this link   Sweet Stampen
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:21:43 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2015, 01:49:48 PM »
Monday 2/23 - 5 items in your crafting toolbox that are not items you would get at a craft store.

This is a toughie for me since the B&M stores--indy & big box--are few & far between in my area. But... I had the luxury (?) of shopping for craft supplies before there were craft store--specific or general. So... My 5 will also list possible sources other-than-crafts.

1) Paper: Labels, plain paper, cardboard. Staples or other Office Supply stores.

2) Cosmetics & Applicators: Drug Stores.

3) Tape(s): Masking, painters, carpet. Hardware, Paint, Carpet stores.

4) Gelatin (for making ink/paint sheets: Supermarket.

5) Polish remover & rubbing alcohol: Dollar stores.

I'm skipping the 'change' question for now. ;)
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2015, 05:12:45 PM »
Cindi, is that your closet and how you have it organized?

1. Add a bulletin board to post inspiration, finished cards, instructions
2. I would love a long shelf the entire length of my craft table that's about 7 in off my table.  I have a shelf like what you use in a kitchen cabinet or behind a kitchen sink that works great; just like it longer. Maybe multiple shelves also above my table. 
3. I would love to knock a hole through one of the walls and join it to a spare room next door and make the space even larger!
4. Figure out a better way to store punches....I have them all "tetris-ed" into a two level container and also a shoe box container. 
5. I wish I could figure out WHY, after I reorganize and move things around and have created more room to craft in---why do I always end up with just about a 12"x12" area that I am working in!!  I'm getting better though....so one day..one day...
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 09:30:44 PM »
5. I wish I could figure out WHY, after I reorganize and move things around and have created more room to craft in---why do I always end up with just about a 12"x12" area that I am working in!!  I'm getting better though....so one day..one day...

I am the same way.  I have a whole new (actually it is about a year old now) desk with drawers for all my stuff and still I end up with a small space to work in.  :o
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2015, 10:48:41 PM »
Heehee, small workspace-itis must be contagious! 

Melissa,
No, that's not my closet.  I found the pic on Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's site.  I think it might be her closet.  I just was searching for a pic of those wire grids used to store stuff on the wall.  I first got the idea when a LSS used them to display sample cards, but I haven't mounted mine yet.  I have the square grids (I used to use them as intended in cubes, but with extra shelves tie-wrapped in place to store paper horizontally). 
Cindi

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2015, 11:00:07 PM »
That is a neat idea Cindi of using the wire grids to organize---I wonder if I can also use that idea in other rooms and closets for other house organizing..hhmm.....
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2015, 06:31:36 PM »
Wednesday 2/25 - what are your 5 favorite techniques?

Sorry I'm a bit late today.

1. emboss resist
2. using modeling paste with stencils
3. Distress Ink watercolor backgrounds
4. fussy cutting
5. making stencils with my silhouette
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2015, 07:31:07 PM »
5 Favorite Techniques:

1)  Marker Thumping and other coloring onto stamps
2)  Dry embossing
3)  Acrylic block stamping
4)  Masking
5)  Watercolor stamping
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2015, 07:43:11 PM »
Wednesday 2/25 - what are your 5 favorite techniques?

1. Watercolor
2. Paint splatting
3. Heat Embossing
4. Dry Embossing
5. Distressed
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2015, 07:56:15 PM »
Stenciling with paste
Heat embossing
Watercoloring
Paper piecing
Paper quilling
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2015, 08:30:01 PM »
Oooh, paper piecing, I forgot about that one.
Sarah