Author Topic: INF14 ATC Challenge - ***** Winner Announced and trade partners posted*****  (Read 14426 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: INF14 ATC Challenge
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2014, 12:11:19 PM »
...Good for you Daniel!  You conquered!  Woah, no wonder you had issues.  Tyvek is tricky.

LOL, Cindi! Sorry, but the priority mail envelope I used for my Masterboard was cardboard; not Tyvek. Even I'm not that crazy! :o

Tyvek is the brand name for a form of sheet plastic. It is used in the housing industry to sheath construction prior to siding & such. It is also used to make mailers & such. I have stamped on it, but always with solvent-based inks &/or acrylic paints.
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Oops Daniel!  I jumped to the wrong conclusion!  I just mailed something in one of the priority mail envelopes that was made from the plasticy paper stuff so I assumed that was what you were using.  And yes, I've seen whole houses wrapped in it (insulation?  weatherproofing?) before they put the siding on. 
Cindi

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Oh I know those envelopes!  The mail woman told me that they are VERY strong.  I've seen houses around my area with the words "tyvek" on the side and thought that it was the insulation…good to know it goes with the plastic instead. 
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Congrats, Heidi.  And I have your address. 
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
I was so busy playing with everyone else's challenges that I didn't post my own ATCs.  In one of my original posts I showed what my masterboard looked like cut in to ATC sized backgrounds.  Here's what they look like as completed ATCs.

ATCs 1,2,3

ATCs 4 & 5

Thanks for looking, and thanks again for taking my challenge!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
I just finished looking at all the Masterboards and ATCs.  Wonderful work and so much fun!  I also read through this thread.  Now I'm ready to go!  Too bad today is my day to go to my sister's.  And tomorrow is my daughter's birthday.  And so it goes . . .

LeighAnn, unless it's hiding, I see that you were unable to finish your ATCs.  If you can, post them this week to the Second Chance Challenge.  I'll make some too, and we can trade if you like.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
Well, I almost didn't make it, but I have just posted my masterboard and ATCs.  Yeah!

Cindi, thank you for the challenge.  I've been working on this off and on all day, and it was fun!

Here are the ATCs and the Masterboard.

I can't tell you how happy I am to have actually done something. 

I need to add something to the last ATC.  I wonder if I'll ruin it if I try adding copper Liquid pearls.  Hmmm.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Cindi, your great RAK of the Rubber Stamp ATC book arrived yesterday.  Thank you so much.  I am really going to enjoy looking at the book and hopefully trying some great new techniques!  How fun!  Thank you !!!!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Heidi, I'm glad your RAK arrived!  Enjoy!

Daria, I love the ATCs you made, and your masterboard too!  The links above didn't work for me, but I did find them in the gallery.  I didn't add new links here, because I think I must have gremlins in my laptop.  Is anyone else having trouble with gallery links?  I added new links for one of Far North's projects and they worked one day and not the next. 

Sadie and I traded ATCs and we both received them in the mail.  I hope others have traded and are seeing happy mail too!  Its always fun to get mail from each other and everything looks even better in person, doesn't it?!
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
I put mine in the mailbox on Mon Oct 13.  Daniel was finishing his then but I didn't hear when it went in the mail nor have I rec'd it yet. Waiting to hear that he received mine.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
I am justly reproved, Jan!

I posted on the chat that I had recieved your wonderful ATC, but did not post on this thread--nor did I PM you. Mea maxima culpa, ma'am

I mailed an ATC to you about a week ago. Hope it reaches you soon. :smile:
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Yeah Daniel your ATC arrived today as well as other goodness!  Many thanks for sharing!...Jan 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
I received my ATC from Craft Nerd today. Thank you. The bottle top embellishment is really cool in person.  Sarah also enclosed stamps she used to make the ATC.  Thank you so much Sarah!  They are really neat and I will enjoy using them.

~~Heidi~~