Author Topic: September KIAE Swap/Challenge-Bringing in the Harvest  (Read 19317 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: September KIAE Swap/Challenge--Sign up & Info. Project Curve Ball Added
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 10:43:04 AM »
Question?  Do I need to include a recipe in my sent envelope?  I have no idea how that is supposed to work.  Are the things I send then supposed to be harvest-cooking based?  Questions questions questions!  LOL

Hooray for your questions, Sadie--seriously! O0 I'll o my best to answer any Qs asked...

1. Do we have to include a recipe in our envelope? Nope. The recipe curve/twist applies only to doing one of the required projects--one from your kept kit & one from your received kit.

2. Are the sent items supposed to be harvest-cooking based? Definitely not. In fact, your kit items don't have to be theme-related in any way.  The only part this month's theme (Harvest) plays is when we do our required projects. Even then the theme can be interpreted any way we wish.

As hosts of KIAE, our goal continues to be stretching our creative muscles rather than just producing attractive items that adhere to a set of rules or a theme.  We consider much of this Swap/Challenge to be an exercise in puzzle-solving & adding a theme (something we've debated about since the first month's swap) is just another part of the puzzle.

Let's say my swapmate this month sends me a kit filled with stamped images of animals, flowers & hearts. They include pieces of pattern paper in pastel pinks, blues & greens. They add lace, sequins & gems.  My job is to find a way to make something from this that meets the Harvest theme requirement.  Believe it or not, that's the most fun for me. And "Yes" I love brain games as much as I love word games! ;D
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 11:41:26 AM »
Today is the last day to sign up.

Are we all having fun building our kits? ;)
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »
Today is the last day to sign up.

Are we all having fun building our kits? ;)

I am considering waiting a couple days to make my kit until I am fully in a fall mood!  Summer is almost over!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: September KIAE Swap/Challenge--Swapmates posted in OP
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 09:20:38 AM »
I posted the swapmates in the OP. Kits are due to be mailed by Saturday, Sept. 6.

Please post on this thread that you have seen your mate's name & also post when your kit goes 'postal'. Thank you, all!
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 09:24:22 AM »
Hey Heidi, I've got your address.  I plan on working on my kit today.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 10:20:37 AM »
Thanks for posting the swap mates!  I have Looser's address and since Craft Nerd has mine, I think I'm all set. 

We are working on painting today, and I will be busy tomorrow, so I think I will try to get my envie out wed/thurs.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 10:29:34 AM »
Sounds good! I have Pug's address. Think my envelope will mail wed. or thurs., too.
Daniel

Offline neyw

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 10:49:44 AM »
Craftnerd- can I pleaes have your mailing address.  Thanks, Neysa

Offline neyw

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »
I have sent Sadie my address and requested Craftnerd's. I am working on my kit and will have it in the mail to Craftnerd once I get the address. 

Offline neyw

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 10:54:16 AM »
Can I add just one thing to Daniel's post/explanation.  I find that it is ok to pre-theme it. I like using the given theme of the month as a way to create a fun kit I would want to work with and would want to receive.  So while Daniel likes mind benders- it doesn't have to be that.  The goal is to have fun and create!!! O0

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2014, 11:30:07 AM »
I don't have Sadie's address so I pm'd her. Don't know if Leigh Ann still has mine but I will wait to hear.

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 11:36:04 AM »
Can I add just one thing to Daniel's post/explanation.  I find that it is ok to pre-theme it. I like using the given theme of the month as a way to create a fun kit I would want to work with and would want to receive.  So while Daniel likes mind benders- it doesn't have to be that.  The goal is to have fun and create!!! O0

Well aren't you the lucky one? I put together a real harvest themed kit just for you.......LOL!  I hope you will have fun with it.  It is in the craft room all ready to be mailed tomorrow.  And yes I can be an overachiever at times, this might be one of those times.......
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline neyw

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2014, 10:38:24 PM »
Sadie- looking forward to getting it and working with it.  Sincerely, Neysa

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 10:05:42 AM »
LeighAnn (Pug) posted on the August thread yesterday, but 'sok. She's been pre-occupied with a sick youngin'.  Bless her.

BTW? Pug has a sign up started for her September Tag swap. Her theme has real potential for being useful for our themed projects. Check it out. ;)

Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »
Oops! I posted yesterday on last months thread. Can't wait to see what's in store for me, Daniel!!

I love the twist. Gonna have fun with that.

Kathy I checked and I still have your address so we're good. I started getting my kits together last night. I will post when I get it out in the mail.

I have to say, after getting the stamps I wanted to use out I kept finding more and more I wanted to use. Gotta narrow down tonight.

And check out the tag swap thread I started(shameless plug ::)) you might be able to use your kit items for it ;)!
LeighAnn