Author Topic: October KIAE Swap/Challenge--Projects 'due' by 10/31  (Read 13521 times)

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
Re: October KIAE Swap/Challenge--'Send-tos in OP (mailing deadline is 10/4)
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 04:20:24 PM »
Yep, Daniel, I have your address. I haven't even started on my kit yet. Guess I better get busy! LOL

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 09:43:16 PM »
Sadie - I'm sure I will love the kit.

SWLady - your kit is ready and will go in the mail tomorrow.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 10:40:46 PM »
I have your address Heidi, I'll get a kit out tomorrow!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 07:38:36 AM »
I was checking threads and realized I didnt put the envelope in the mailbox so I am going to do that right now.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 09:56:01 AM »
Good to hear that kits are getting mailed. Tomorrow they must be mailed. :knuppel2: :smitten:

Sadie raises an interesting topic--the stuff we put in our kits. Let's chat...

Many of my kits are heavy on paper as opposed to other materials. Stamped images are usually the biggie, but I like to include ribbons since I have a 'wharehouse' full of them. Embellishments are less frequent in my kits, but I do enjoy them. For me the 'thick-ish' ones like buttons & charms can be a problem to mail in the (required) regular envelopes.

So do y'all have faves you put in your kits?
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2014, 11:12:59 AM »
Like Daniel, my kits tend to be paper heavy but lately I've been trying to include other stuff.  I've also been raiding my stash of bits and pieces to include in the kits.  I figure that way I might actually use some of the stuff I'm hoarding and, at the very least, I've passed some of the hoard onto my swap partner.  So the stuff may get used that way.

Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 11:25:18 AM »
Good Oh, Sarah! What are your fave 'bits' to include in kits?  Ditto the 'Q' to other KIAEs.

Hmmm. I may just start making some 'can metal' stuff so (like Sadie) I have a stash for future challenges/swaps. They'll mail flat, but can be shaped once the recipient gets them.

Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 12:56:16 PM »
I tend to include patterned paper in every kit.  Partly because our kit has to be mailed in a regular envelope and partly because I like to see what other people do with the same patterned paper.  I try to send some ribbon OR embellishments in every kit too.  Not all embellishments are readily mailed, so I pick and choose.  I like to see the theme of the kit and then hunt around all my supplies for things I think go with the theme.  Then it is interesting if the people use the items I thought fit really well or not.  You never know!!

~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »
Heidi, Ms Postwoman says you should have your envie on Monday! 

As far as what's in there?  That's a secret  ;D  Normally, I include pp and maybe a coordinating solid .. . but this time I didn't.  There just wasn't room.  So I'm afraid your kit looks a little bland, but you will be free to choose any colors you like.

Often I stamp on watercolor paper as well as smooth white paper ... opens up the techniques to wet as well as dry. 
I use Ranger Archival ink.  I'm pretty sure I always include some sort of embellishment.
Cindi

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 05:32:37 PM »
I didn't get to participate in this months swap but i will throw my 2 cents in anyways!
I like hearing everyone's process of making their kits.
I tend to go heavy on the images, often having to eliminate some because I'm afraid it might be overwhelming.

Like Heidi, I always include pattern paper. For one, I have enough of it to wallpaper the Biltmore.
Two, it's pretty versatile and easy enough to alter.

Sometimes I will include something that I think my swap partner might like.

I usually add small gems or enamel dots but don't always send ribbon since it can get bulky.

Cindi, I like the idea of including some images on watercolor paper. Good idea!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's projects  O0.
LeighAnn

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 10:31:39 AM »
I agree with the pattern paper idea. I always include that. I also like to try and include something out of the ordinary when I have it. Like a sheet of embossable metal or corrugated paper. I don't always remember to include embellishments, but I am reorganizing my stuff so maybe now I will remember I have them! LOL
I love getting extra stamped images pug, hehehe. I don't think anyone would balk at that!

Edited to say... Daniel, your envie is out for the post person!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:22:09 PM by SWLady »

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 05:15:01 PM »
The bits I include in the kit consist largely of the negative bits from my boarder punches because they will mail well.  I've got several that punch out shapes as well as cutting the edge.  Here's an example: The first squirrel card And I can't throw out the shapes that get punched.  So they go into little baggies to sit in a drawer mostly forgotten.   ::)  I also have a bunch of shaped sequins that I never remember to use. 

Like Heidi, I always include pattern paper. For one, I have enough of it to wallpaper the Biltmore.
:laughhard: I'm right there with you LeighAnn. Course I tend to forget about including pp in my kits when I put them together.  Heidi got some last month but I didn't include any in this months kit. I will often include some background papers I that made, either with just inks or with stamps. 

Generally when I put my kit together I try to include stuff I think will work for the theme and any twist and I try to include things that are being neglected in my stash.  I figure that doubles the chances of it getting used.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 06:25:08 PM »
 #> I got happy mail today  #>

Thanks for the kit Daniel!  Lots of goodies in there. Right off the bat I'd have to say my faves are the sequins  O0  They are really popular right now and I don't have many.  The ones you included are pretty fall colors.  Fun images too ... hmmm where do I start?

Did anyone else get their kit yet? 
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2014, 10:30:38 AM »
Glad you like the kit, Cindi. I debated adding the sequins, but figured I give'em a try.

I finished my kept piece, but gonna hold onto it 'til I have some other challenges done. So I best get crackin'!
Daniel

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 10:33:16 PM »
I do like the kit Daniel!

Heidi, did you get mail from me yet?  They said you should have it by Monday (the 6th).
Cindi