Author Topic: Christmas All Year - January 2020  (Read 959 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - January 2020
« on: January 04, 2020, 09:58:59 AM »
Happy New Year!

I've been undecided about whether or not to continue the alphabet ... I started because it helped so I didn't have to think up something new every month ... letters are pre-determined!

So, I'm going to continue with the letter "L"
but I will also add a technique or embellishment or theme if I can think of one!

Ok, so what can you think of with the letter "L"?
All I got so far is "leg lamp", haha!  Or licorice?  (black card stock?) how about lace?

You'll think of something! 

OR

Use something new to make some Christmas cards.  Did you get anything for Christmas you'd like to play with?

OR

Make tags or gift card holders.  I was wishing I had a few gift card holders this year, but didn't have time to make something clever in the heat of gift wrapping.  When Simon Says Stamp had their dies on sale I finally gave in and couldn't resist the large gnome die any longer.  I think it will make a great tag. 

Please link your Christmas creations here.  I will ask Sadie to create a Christmas 2020 album in the gallery.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - January 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 10:10:27 AM »
I was wondering if you were going to give in and get those gnomes, I have seen some really cute ones that's for sure.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 10:51:53 AM »
I almost bought the gnome but then didn’t place an order anywhere except to get my Gemini.  I do have a card made already but I need to photograph it. 

I made more cards in November and December last year, I think, in a long time! I need to do better in the first half of the year this year. I was kind of overwhelmed a little and then didn’t get back to crafting till yesterday. 

Thank you for hosting the challenge again!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 01:47:46 PM »
I was wondering if you were going to give in and get those gnomes

;) Haha!  I resisted for a month or more ... but then I had to give in and buy it when it went on sale 30% off!  I only bought the larger gnome. The way it's hat curls around, it looks like it can make an easy tag.  I talked myself out of the smaller one because I have a gnome (or 2 or 3) I can cut on my Silhouette.

I got a few good deals in that sale ... even clearance dies were 30% off.

Heidi, let us know how you like your Gemini! 

I need to start early this year too!  I didn't really make that many Christmas cards in 2019.  Quite a few of my cards I made at the tail end of 2018, but then when all hell broke loose (me in crutches, Mom in rehab for hip, Dad in ER) I never got them mailed.  I was sure glad to have them this year!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 12:17:15 PM »
I missed the deadline for April’s House Mouse challenge, but it is still the first Christmas card of the year!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4731#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 04:08:54 PM »
Hooray Heidi and April for getting the party started! 

Heidi, your House Mouse card is just so sweet.  I'm sure the flocking is even more wonderful in person! 

April, thanks for the link to the technique you used.  The bright colors and patterns are a wonderful match to your whimsical stamps!

Love them all!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 09:56:32 PM »
Heidi, is the pattern already in the coffee cup stamp?  It looks like a cool stamp set.  I like the sentiments too.  You made a great set of cards with it, all different!

Connie, glad you could use your sweet little mouse stamp.  Cute cards!

There were quite a few cards made considering it was only January.  Thanks for playing!
I'll post February next.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 06:13:56 AM »
Heidi, is the pattern already in the coffee cup stamp?  It looks like a cool stamp set.  I like the sentiments too.  You made a great set of cards with it, all different!

Connie, glad you could use your sweet little mouse stamp.  Cute cards!

There were quite a few cards made considering it was only January.  Thanks for playing!
I'll post February next.

Yes, there are two choices for the inside pattern and then there is an outline stamp.  I didn’t use the other pattern yet at all.  Thank you!
~~Heidi~~