Author Topic: INF14 Mixed Media Challenge-Winner Announced on page 4  (Read 14822 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: INF14 Mixed Media Challenge
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2014, 10:15:22 PM »
I hope my pieces dry in time!!! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »
My shapes dried overnight, but I was not pleased with the matte finish so I am attempting to add glossy accents to a couple and see if and how they dry.  It is a fun technique.
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 11:53:21 AM »
Here is my challenge piece:

golden swirl card

Sadie when I went to look for my glue, right there in front of me was a small bottle of white acrylic paint!  I could not believe it and I stood there stunned…I do not remember where or why I have just a bottle of white acrylic paint!  lol!  So after that I looked all around and in another drawer I found green sparkle acrylic paint and gold metallic acrylic paint.  So it looks like I did have some acrylic paint! lol!  but those are all the colors I have….I did find some acrylic glaze I won from Ann's (prospurring) website but it dries a bit thin (I'll show that in the other examples I post later). 

Thank you Sadie for a fun challenge! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2014, 01:10:48 PM »
I am so glad Cindi (Iring) & I had a terrific chat t'other day. She helped me take a 2nd look @ this challenge & see that it was not what I thot it was @ first glance.

While my results won't make the party's 'end', I am sooo energized to take on your challenge, Sadie! Will share my results ASAP! I have my 'tablet back' at the ready & way too many options for it, but I will persevere! O0 ;D :smitten:
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2014, 02:15:38 PM »
Yellowcherries that piece is great.  That is great that you had just enough acrylic paint to play.  Just lovely results!

Looser I hope you join in, I am not sure what you thought this challenge was but I am glad that you have it figured out.....I am looking forward to seeing your results.

Howdyheidi whatever you do don't use a heat gun on the glue fun.....it bubbles and does some kind of neat things but it looses the neat swirly paint effect.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »
LOL, Sadie!  I swirled & whirled my stuff & went crazy with my entry. Will share it ASAP! ;D
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2014, 04:23:32 PM »
Well, it dried and I used one of the pieces on a project shown here. 

I explained in the gallery I used punched pieces of watercolor paper in hopes that my stuff would dry faster with that.  It did dry overnight so maybe it worked.  I used Elmer's School glue and some regular craft acrylic paints (the 50 cent versions) and then after that dried I added the glossy accents.

I would try this again using some metallic paint in the mix. I think that would have added some extra umphf, but I am happy with my results.  I am actually going to add glossy accents to all my little pieces to use on later projects. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2014, 04:52:08 PM »
Howdyheidi that is terrific.  The leave turned out great.  I really like it a lot.  Thank you for playing along.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
Melissa and Heidi, your cards are so pretty! You did very well with the technique! ;D

Stampwilly

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2014, 06:42:39 PM »
Here are the other pieces I finished but did not put into a project…I thought I'd still show them since I will not get them into a card before the deadline.  :)

other mixed media cut-outs
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2014, 08:11:38 PM »
Here is the first project I finished. It combines this challenge with Lighten Up and Paper Towel.

Snowflakes
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2014, 08:25:10 PM »
Sadie, this challenge was really fun. My little craft partner(3yo son) loved doing this and helped make these pieces as well as some others!

It was fun to get inky and create.

Here's my finished card-
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=659

Thanks for a fun challenge  O0 :smitten:
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2014, 08:46:13 PM »
I managed to finish two more cards.

Christmas Tree

Poinsettia

Thanks for a great challenge.  I really loved this technique, and I have a bunch of extra pieces to play with that I didn't finish making cards with in time.

You can't really see in the pictures the shimmer on the pieces.  I used a metallic acrylic paint for the technique.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2014, 09:36:06 PM »
Sadie, I never knew that swirling glue would be so much fun!  I used chipboard leaf shapes to make my mixed media pieces.  I swirled Golden fluid acrylic titanium white, quinacridone magenta and iridescent bright gold.

I combined your challenge with Craft Nerd's Starting Point challenge and the October KIAE swap.  Once I had mixed media leaves I had to use them!

You can see my Halloween Card here.

Thanks for the challenge!  It's something I would never have imagined doing!
You can see the leaves before swirling, and the finished leaves below.
Cindi

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2014, 10:42:29 AM »
Oh my gosh, you guys, you certainly ran with this challenge!  I love every one of the results.  You turned glue and paint into works of art.  Thank you everyone for playing along.

Yellowcherries, Craft Nerd, lovepug2, and Iring your projects all turned out great.  I am almost speechless looking at your results and the earlier entries. 

I showed you how to make squares and circles and you all, everyone of you took it right on past that to the next level.  WOW! just WOW!  I am so glad you all played along and made such wonderful works of art.  Thank you, you humble me!  Winner to be announced later after I am no longer speechless after looking through every single wonderful entry in this challenge.  I love them all.....and thank you again!