Author Topic: Christmas All Year - December 2018  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - December 2018
« on: December 11, 2018, 10:24:23 AM »
Oh good grief!
I went to finally post some cards I made and realized I never started a prompt for December!   
Now that I think about it ...  have some pretty good excuses.  December 1st was the first day I drove without my boot, DH left for Alaska and my dad went in the hospital.  There was a lot going on around here.  Dad's out BTW, thank God!

December's challenge - just do it!  Get more cards made, anything goes!  Who needs another challenge?  This time of year is challenging enough!  Oh, wait, I thought of something ... which my card just happens to fit, haha!  The privilege of being the challenge hostess!

If you need a prompt - use some patterned paper.  If it's left over from years past, even better!   Most of my prompts this year have been using patterns, like stripes, chevrons, plaid ... pick any patterned paper, a lot or a little.  Or don't!  That's ok too!
Please post in the Christmas Cards All Year 2018 album in the gallery.  Thanks for playing along with me!

I was so happy to use paper from the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Christmas.  It has lots of browns, some are glittered with a bit of red, kind of a distressed look, on antique linen background.  I've had trouble using it.  I've had it for many years!

Here is the card I put in the gallery.

Below is a picture of some more versions of the same card, depending on which section of the 12x12 patterned paper I used.  If they didn't have glitter on the pp, I punched some stars from the same red glimmer paper that I used as a mat.   They also use different brown inks.
From left to right : Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa, Versafine Smokey Gray and Archival Coffee.  Feel free to pick your fave!  I have 12 of these cards finished.  I used Archival Coffee for the majority of my cards.

It took me forever to take decent photos!  Ugh!  I tried all over the house.  If it was too bright the whites looked blue.  The printed paper has a warm background that would get grayed out ... once the star on the bottom of the card didn't match those on the top corner, and they are most certainly punched from the same paper!  Light!  It's a mystery to me.

I hope you can stop for a moment and enjoy the Christmas Season.  It's been a pleasure seeing what you make!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:47:38 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - December 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 10:43:39 AM »
Here is a link to Daria's card.  She made it in December but was forced to put it in November's challenge when this thread wasn't ready.   She has more in her Scrapbook.com gallery.

Simon Says Stamp Peyton Ornament

Thanks for posting Daria!  Your card and ink blending is beautiful!

Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 10:56:46 AM »
I wasn't forced; I just put it on the most recent thread without thinking.  I deleted it from November's thread and posted it here:

I made six more cards--all the same except for using two different color schemes.  I just posted one in the gallery.  The other one is in my gallery on scrapbook.com--the same card but with Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover colors.

Simon Says Stamp Peyton Ornament

Question.  I bought the Gina K. Connect Glue.  I've seen so many people easily use it in videos, and it's everyone's new favorite.  Mine is so hard to use.  I have to use two hands to squeeze out the glue.  Did I get a bum one, or are they all like that?  If they are all like that, this will be my first and last one.

Daria

ETA:  Gina K sent me a new Connect Glue, and it works great.  The first one was defective.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:09:13 PM by djc »

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 11:01:49 AM »
Cindi, I love your cards!  Of the three you posted here, I like the third one best; I like the shadows. 

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »
Daria, I think that card is my favorite too.  That is the brown ink I used for most of the cards.

I don't have any experience with Gina K Connect glue ... I thought about ordering some over black Friday, but it was sold out.  I thought "easy squeeze" was supposed to be one of the benefits?  Maybe you did get a bad bottle and can return/contact seller?

I'm off to check your card on Scrapbook.com.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 01:25:27 PM »
Thanks for starting the thread. I just sent out my cards, but if I need to send any others (there are several people on my list with outdated addresses.  If I get a card from them with a new address, I would try to send one back) I will need to make more cards!

Cindi, I love your cards and how each card is different cut from different parts of the paper!

Daria, I commented on your card the other day.  Lovely! I would call Gina K’s store and ask them about the glue.  They apparently have good customer service.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 02:28:34 PM »
Cindi and Daria, your cards are wonderful! I have all mine made and sent out and have quite a bit left over too! Cindi, thanks again for your prompts, I can't tell you how much they help me get my cards done! I hope you will continue to be our host for years to come! ;D I also love the July Christmas card challenge. I usually get quite a few made then.

April :D

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 08:59:37 AM »
Heidi, Gina K has excellent customer service.  If they are advertising it as easy-squeeze, then I will contact them to see if maybe they had a batch of hard-to-squeeze bottles.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 05:49:33 PM »
I did contact Gina K. Designs about the Connect Glue.  They replied immediately and said that they did have a bad batch.  They are sending me another one.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the new one will work well.  I trust that it will and have removed my comments about it from my gallery post.

Daria

ETA:   The new one works great!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:08:31 PM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 10:17:07 AM »
I did contact Gina K. Designs about the Connect Glue.  They replied immediately and said that they did have a bad batch.  They are sending me another one.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the new one will work well.  I trust that it will and have removed my comments about it from my gallery post.

Daria

I’m glad you checked!  That glue is too expensive to deal with one from a bad batch.  I have only ever heard great things about their customer service. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 08:39:01 AM »
Nothing to put in the gallery today.  I do have two more cards to make, but they will be hand-delivered on Christmas morning so I still have time.  Yesterday, Nora and I got together for a fun day--talking, food, talking, homemade cookies and banana bread, talking, sharing, and  . . . oh, yeah--some stamping!

I finished all the inserts for all my cards!  That is huge. I am so glad Nora invited me over; I was having a hard time making myself do that part.  Together, it was fun.  Today I'll be writing on and attaching the inserts and addressing the envelopes.  Tomorrow, the post office!  Hurray!

Nora sent me home with a plate of home-made goodies, and her husband gave me the cutest, prettiest flower arrangement!  It is finally feeling like Christmas.  Thank you, Nora and Tom!

Daria 

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 05:08:02 PM »
I already have my new Connect Glue.  That sure was fast.  I took it directly to the craft room and tried it out.  I am happy to report that his one works just fine.  Hurray!  Thank you, Gina K. Designs!

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 05:44:24 PM »
I already have my new Connect Glue.  That sure was fast.  I took it directly to the craft room and tried it out.  I am happy to report that his one works just fine.  Hurray!  Thank you, Gina K. Designs!

Daria

Great news!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »
daria that is great news that they replaced your glue and it works great!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 08:24:49 AM »
Here is a Christmas card I made with one of those crayon resist backgrounds.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4276#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~