Author Topic: Grey Wolf stamps - I found them  (Read 559 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Grey Wolf stamps - I found them
« on: January 28, 2021, 10:38:36 AM »
Some of you liked the stamp I used on Christmas cards this year.  Nuthatch Pinecone by Grey Wolf.  Today I found Grey Wolf designs sold by Simply Stampin.  They have the Nuthatch, a chickadee and probably several more birds, animals, scenes etc.

I got an email from StampFest which takes place in a few weeks in Clearwater, FL.  I used to love that show.  It was only minutes from my daughter's softball tournament which took place the same weekend and I would run back and forth trying to catch as many games as I could while getting my stamp shopping fix.

I checked out the StampFest site and looked to see who the vendors will be.  I clicked on Rubber Cottage and it took me to Simply Stampin where I noticed they also sell Grey Wolf.  You know, the internet rabbit hole!

Here's a link.

The fest is so tempting ... but I just don't know.  Maybe since there are fewer vendors the booths will be bigger?  I just know in a standard convention booth space you could probably only fit one to two people at a time and stay 6' apart.  They held the summer StampFest in Orlando or Kissimmee and I didn't hear any covid horror stories afterward.  ???  I highly doubt I will go :(

Let me know if you find any stamps you just have to have!

ETA : Simply Stampin is best viewed on something other than a phone.  Search engine is not great.  Look for the category that says Grey Wolf, a search on "Grey Wolf" gave me four wolf images :(

« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 11:21:26 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Grey Wolf stamps - I found them
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 12:44:13 PM »
!Thanks for sharing. It is a strange set up for a website but they have a lot of nice stamps.  I don’t think I would attend the fest. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 08:28:52 PM »
Grey wolf had some good stamps, I like their Titmouse stamp. But I really liked the rubber cottage stamps, they have some great barn scenes!

I am really surprised they are having a stampfest at this time, must be Florida is a lot more lax than we are. I am sure all that will be cancelled around here this year, we usually have ours in March or April I haven't heard anything about it happening this year. Even if they did have it this year I would have to pass on it, that is just too close with other people.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 08:48:23 PM »
Are the Grey Wolf stamps unmounted?  They are not expensive.  I said I wouldn’t buy anything else but I like their range of realistic bird stamps that I really know what they are...

I liked the rubber cottage ones too.  They have a good variety of brands.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 10:40:30 PM »
I went to the site looking for Rubber Cottage and got completely distracted when I saw they carry Grey Wolf, only because I had been searching for Grey Wolf to see if they were still in business.  I'll have to look at Rubber Cottage.  It's not an easy website to navigate! 

I'm afraid FL is a little lax when it comes to Covid :(

I'm not sure about the stamps.  I just looked in my craft room and found two Grey Wolf stamps, the nuthatch and an owl.  The nuthatch is bare red rubber.  The owl is mounted on cling foam ... but when I took the paper off the cling, some of the cling came with it and I had to push it back down.  If the cling was not working well, I may have unmounted the nuthatch.  I don't remember.  It looks like the type of cling, kind of clear shiny stuff on black foam, that might not cling reliably.  There's a good chance I peeled it off.

Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 01:38:30 PM »
Thanks, Cindi! I ordered the Nuthatch stamp and a sunburst die. The shipping is $4.99. Good prices and good shipping price!

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 05:40:01 PM »
April, I'm glad you found the stamp.  That IS a good shipping price!
Cindi