Author Topic: Ink16 Acetate stamping== Winner Announced  (Read 5942 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Ink16 Acetate stamping== Winner Announced
« on: October 14, 2016, 07:51:12 PM »
I decided to look through my list of things I wanted to try for the challenge this week.

Here is a link to a tutorial: http://stamptv.ning.com/group/stamp-tv-kit-addicts/forum/topics/stv-kit-friday-funday-tutorial?xg_source=msg_mes_network

You don't have to do an embossed background but I would like the background to be one you made (no designer paper)  Stamp on a piece of acetate or transparency the same size as your background you made, then attach it to your background piece.  You can combine with other challenges if you would like.

I will pick a name from all who try the challenge and send some goodies.  You have until the 23rd to try the challenge.

I finished a card today but need to wait until I have some sunlight to take a picture, will post tomorrow.

Please use Ink16 Acetate stamping when posting in the gallery and then share the link here.

Here is the card I made :  http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2946#top_display_media
Embossed the folder, added the paints and blended with my fingers, while that was drying I stamped the 3 stamps from the set onto my transparency sheet, attached it using brads and added the enamel dots.  I was so bummed I had the whole card together and realized I never sanded the embossing folder :(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 07:40:01 PM by Conniecrafter »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Ink16 Acetate stamping
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 07:35:41 AM »
I think I vaguely remember seeing this techinique at stamp tv but I did not have the time to think about trying it.  I think it is fun and will enjoy giving it a try!

Thanks so much for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 08:29:25 AM »
Cool technique.  I don't think I've seen this before.  It could combine nicely with Heidi's challenge.

Do you want us to use a particular label when we post in the gallery?
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 09:57:53 AM »
I enjoy using acetate!  But generally I cut it the shape of my image.  This will be a new fun twist for me.

Thanks Connie!

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 11:48:44 AM »
oh sorry Sarah I forgot to post what to call it didn't I, we can use  Ink16 Acetate stamping :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »
Yay-just posted my first Christmmas card for the season.  I have used layers of acetate in papercrafting for many years but don't think I have ever used a full piece overtop of a background. Thinking of how to make that work I used up some brain power :laughhard: 

Wish I could have captured all the sparkle on the ornaments in a photo.  In real life they really capture the eye.
This was a really fun challenge...Thanks!
...Jan
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:21:20 PM by Far North »

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 04:11:53 PM »
that looks terrific Jan, I know what you mean about the camera just not picking up the detail, thanks for trying the challenge!

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 10:41:18 AM »
Here is my entry. I combined it with Heidi's challenge since I used an alcohol ink background. This was fun!

April

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2971#top_display_media

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 11:23:19 AM »
pretty combo of the challenges, thanks for playing

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 08:06:04 PM »
Here's my first card.  It is a combo with Heidi's challenge. 

Witch
Sarah

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 03:08:43 PM »
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 10:33:32 PM »
Here is a combo card with stamping on acetate and dry embossing.  Thanks, Jan
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:35:09 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 12:28:11 PM »
Here is my card, this was fun to stamp on acetate. I don't know why I do it so seldom!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2995#top_display_media

Thanks for the challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 03:59:57 PM »

Thank you all for playing along, I love the different looks everyone came up with!!

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 10:08:10 AM »
I've finally posted the cards I finished last weekend combining your challenge with Heidi's. Thanks for hosting a great challenge.  I don't use acetate all that often.  So it was great having a challenge that got me to use it.

White Tree

Ornaments

Gold Tree

Gold Snowflake

And a special thanks to Jan.  All the acetate I used was from the RAK she sent me after her alcohol ink challenge/ class last year.

Sarah