Author Topic: INF14 The Shadow Knows Challenge -- Winner Announced  (Read 16674 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: INF14 The Shadow Knows Challenge
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 03:35:54 PM »
It is a Zig Emboss Writer.  It has a fat tip and a thin tip.  And allegedly it is clear, but as I said, on white it looks slightly green.  I bought it at either Michael's or Jo-Ann's years ago.  It is only of the tools I tend to forget about and hardly ever use.  So thanks for a new way I can use it.
Sarah

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2014, 04:45:52 PM »
I googled it, and it's still available, but the price varies wildly.  I've seen it offered for around $3 and up to over $16!!!  I'm glad you already have it and it works!  Maybe someone else has one tucked away too.  The tips look ideal for this technique.  It speaks well that you've had it so long, and it's still doing the job.

Thanks for sharing the info.
Daria

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 05:48:32 PM »
Here is my submission for your fun challenge.  Thank You, Daria.  I am glad to find some time to do your fun challenge!

Nora

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=604#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 07:17:32 PM »
Nora, I love your card.  This technique works perfectly with your image.  I'm so glad you found the time to play.  Beautiful card!

Daria

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 04:44:41 PM »
I am excited to see another use for my Versamarker!!!!  TY Daria!  I can't wait to try this.

~~Melissa :)

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 06:10:02 PM »
Cool!  Another taker.  It's so easy and effective.  You're going to like this one.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 09:33:47 AM »
Jennifer McGuire has a tutorial, her first for Splitcoaststampers, on Masking Alternatives.  She uses the VersaMarker for one of the three techniques she demos.  Since we've talked about how our VersaMarkers have been languishing unused, I thought I'd link it up so you could take a look at another way to use it or other embossing pens:  Masking Alternatives

Daria

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:26:44 PM by djc »

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »
My Michael's didn't have a versamarker or any other type of pen like that.

DH works near a Joann's so I'm gonna send him in to see if he can find  one or something similar.
LeighAnn

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2014, 06:27:20 PM »
Good luck, LeighAnn.

Daria

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2014, 08:22:41 PM »
Daria - thanks for the link to Jennifer McGuire's tips.  Those are great.

LeighAnn - I'm impressed that your hubby is willing to go into Jo-Ann's to pick something up for you.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2014, 11:55:33 PM »
LeighAnn - I'm impressed that your hubby is willing to go into Jo-Ann's to pick something up for you.
Me too!  O0  LeighAnn's husband rocks!

I haven't watched the video yet, but thanks for the link Daria!  I'm saving it for tomorrow when it's not so late!

I'm linking up a card I made today where I used my Versamarker, because it was out, and I thought to use it because of this challenge.  I didn't add it to the challenge gallery because it doesn't use the challenge technique, but I thought you might like to see it anyway.
Birthday Card
Cindi

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 08:23:30 AM »
I uploaded my 'in progress' card. I used a line image and am wondering if it's ok to color it. It's not really that blurry, the image is double lined. LOL

Unfinished.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
Cindi, your card looks great!  Thanks for giving us another way to use that VersaMarker.  It really made that word pop.

Kathy, yes you can color in your image.  It's going to be good to see this technique used with a line image. 

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 12:47:18 PM »
I tried this today and one image I used (a shaded line image) just wasn't the right image.

Another trial, I saw that my versamarker made absolutely no watermark on the back of a textured green cardstock (the smooth side) that I tried.  So I will need to try another card stock. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »
Here is my entry! I love how the shadow turns out. I will be doing this easy technique again!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=627#top_display_media

Stampwilly