Author Topic: Joggles has Alcohol Lift Ink, and on sale!  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Joggles has Alcohol Lift Ink, and on sale!
« on: July 25, 2018, 10:56:11 PM »
Joggles has alcohol lift ink, reinker, stamp cleaner in stock and on sale!
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Joggles has Alcohol Lift-off Ink, and on sale!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 08:16:54 PM »
When I watched some videos to learn about the alcohol lift-off ink I knew Tim said we needed to work with clean stamps but I didn't think about needing to clean my stamps with archival ink...so now my new ink pad is already dirty :-\  I bought some archival ink cleaner and stamp pad reinker and will now will be able to replace the ink pad with Cut n Dry if need be.  Now that I have the appropriate products I need to experiment more. 

Is anyone playing with Alcohol Lift-off Ink?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 10:14:20 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Joggles has Alcohol Lift Ink, and on sale!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 10:30:47 AM »
Oh, shoot!  That’s too bad, Jan.  Thanks for sharing. I hope I will remember when I finally get round to buying the alcohol lift ink.

How do you like it otherwise?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 11:39:45 AM »
I haven't played with lift ink yet because I ordered it through my LSS and Ranger left the Archival Ink Cleaner out of her order.  That is frustrating, and especially for LSS owner, because I found the cleaner at a local big box before she got hers.  Just found her email buried in my inbox yesterday, saying my Lift Ink, refill and cleaner is in!  Yay!  Hope to make a field trip this week to go pick it up.  I'm sorry your pad got dirty already, Jan.  I hope it works anyway!  Show us what you're lifting and stamping!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 06:43:01 AM »
I probably won’t get it because I just ordered some other supplies, but the SimonSaysStamp kit for October has lift ink, yupo, 3 alcohol inks and foils in it in addition to a stamp set and some cardstock for $35.  It is the first time in a while I have been tempted by a kit because it had stuff in it I might buy anyhow.

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product/Simon-Says-Stamp-Card-Kit-of-The-Month-OCTOBER-2018-SKETCHED-FLOWERS-ck1018-ck1018/901?sscid=91k2_awp4o&utm_source=ShareASale&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=714848
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 09:51:29 AM »
I made a lift ink that works well and also transfers the image. I used an old grimy looking versa mark ink pad, spritzed 91% alcohol on the pad and let it sit a few minutes. I spritz the pad each time after I get it out again to do some more. Here is a picture below of a card I made using the lift ink I made. The butterfly was lifted and I used a stencil at the bottom and used the lift ink to lift off the color in the areas. The other picture is the transfer of the butterfly. if you already have these items at home you might give it a try.

April :smile:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:00:35 AM by stampwilly »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 10:34:45 AM »
April, that is fantastic! You should definitely write a blog post about your technique. I bet a lot of people have an old grimy versamark that they would want to try this with instead of buying the lift ink!!  Your card is also lovely!!!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 11:07:20 AM »
April, how did you figure out how to make a lift ink pad?
Born on the fourth of July

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »
I knew that you would need 91% alcohol to lift off the alcohol ink because I had done a technique where you sponged alcohol through a stencil to take off the color on an alcohol inked piece. But if you just stamped your stamp in alcohol to stamp on an alcohol inked piece, it would be runny and blotchy. So I thought that the alcohol needed something to stick to like ink. Versa Mark is clear and a little sticky -- so why not spritz alcohol on an old versa mark ink pad and see what happens? It worked! I knew that the lift ink had to have something in it to lift off the alcohol ink, either alcohol or the blending solution or something like that.

P.S. Heidi, my blog post is here -- http://stampwillydesigns.blogspot.com/2018/08/alcohol-ink-lift.html
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:45:54 PM by stampwilly »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 05:25:25 PM »
I knew that you would need 91% alcohol to lift off the alcohol ink because I had done a technique where you sponged alcohol through a stencil to take off the color on an alcohol inked piece. But if you just stamped your stamp in alcohol to stamp on an alcohol inked piece, it would be runny and blotchy. So I thought that the alcohol needed something to stick to like ink. Versa Mark is clear and a little sticky -- so why not spritz alcohol on an old versa mark ink pad and see what happens? It worked! I knew that the lift ink had to have something in it to lift off the alcohol ink, either alcohol or the blending solution or something like that.

P.S. Heidi, my blog post is here -- http://stampwillydesigns.blogspot.com/2018/08/alcohol-ink-lift.html

I missed that post!  You are very smart to figure that out!!!
~~Heidi~~