Author Topic: Creativation 2020  (Read 3758 times)

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Creativation 2020
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2020, 11:19:32 AM »
I will have to see if I can find the Hedge Hallow videos when I check more out tonight

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2020, 03:33:57 PM »
Hedgehog Hollow youtube videos can be found here :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrD_6ZvofcOw4_styPibBIQ

I agree the Lawn Fawn iris die looks cool.  If you'd like to put an iris opening INSIDE your card, by hand,  I offered it as a challenge several years ago. 

ETA : If you want to try an iris card without investing in the die, there is a tutorial on splitcoaststampers.  You can also search youtube for a larger iris.
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/mechanicaliris/

Found it! 
Winterfest 2016!  It was called a gatefold shutter card (as in camera shutter).  Here's a link to the challenge thread which contains links to a tutorial and video.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/forum/index.php?topic=852.0
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 03:52:24 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2020, 09:38:35 PM »
thanks for sharing the hedge hallow link :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2020, 07:36:37 AM »
Picket Fence Studios has a stamp scrubber. I am interested in if it would help me with some of my intricate stamps. I often get a tiny bit of Versafine black ink stuck in the crevices and sometimes that stamps off when I am doing a lighter color. 

https://pfstamps.com/products/the-stamp-scrubber

I didn’t see a video on the product though. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2020, 07:49:58 PM »
Did you see the video Jennifer McGuire did saying she uses those microfiber cloths to clean her stamps?  I bought a bag pretty cheap in the auto department at Walmart, there were way more than I could ever use but hubby said to get them that we can always use rags for other things too, well anyway they seem to work great, I just use a spray water bottle, spray my stamps while still in my Misit or on block and then wipe with the cloth.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2020, 08:45:51 PM »
Did you see the video Jennifer McGuire did saying she uses those microfiber cloths to clean her stamps?  I bought a bag pretty cheap in the auto department at Walmart, there were way more than I could ever use but hubby said to get them that we can always use rags for other things too, well anyway they seem to work great, I just use a spray water bottle, spray my stamps while still in my Misit or on block and then wipe with the cloth.

Do you mean something different than a stamp shammy?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2020, 09:22:11 PM »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2020, 07:29:08 AM »
Yeah, it isn't a shammy.... I looked it up and I believe these are it
https://www.walmart.com/ip/S-T-Bulk-Microfiber-Kitchen-House-Car-Cleaning-Cloths-50-Pack-11-5-x-11-5/747005036

Oh! I have one of those that I clean windows with.  I will have to try it for my stamps and see if it works better. Thank you Connie!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2020, 07:48:53 PM »
I was using baby wipes but it seemed like if I used them more than once they would leave little fuzzies so when I saw to use them and they didn't leave any fuzzies and you can wash them I thought that would save money in the long run, so far it is working great, hope it works for you too!

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2020, 10:56:10 AM »
 Also watched lots of The shows videos.  I wasn’t as excited as I was last year. No list of things I had to have, this year.  I did like the ink tins.  I am not happy with my present ink storage.  I wasn’t impressed with the alloys.  He was having a hard time moving them around!  That bulb was so big it wouldn’t work for my small hands and I don’t think I have the strength to to it.  Heidi, that was a good idea to use the ear/ nose bulb, I have one of those.
The fabric ATCs have been around for awhile, I got and used some, I bought them at our local art store.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2020, 11:03:14 AM »
Two things surprised me about the show.  One that it was smaller than last year.
And that there were so many yarn booths!
Now it looked like some venders put all there lines in one booth, maybe cheaper to do.
Maybe just less interest in paper crafting, and now more of other  craft stuff.  Interesting!
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2020, 07:50:24 AM »
Sheila, I do think that some of the companies are collaborating on the booths to save money on the rental costs for their booths. I am sure it is a huge cost to them. That Stamping Village (with hero arts and lawn fawn and others) I think is one of the major ones to do this.

In my craft group, most of the people who go there are scrapbookers, so I think that all the booths with the paper collections would maybe appeal to all of them, and maybe they really outnumber the stampers?  The paper collections rarely excite me, even if I really like them.

I didn’t notice the yarn booths!

Stampendous’ new line of stamps to go with her educational watercoloring series is what most interests me.  I do plan to buy some of the stuff to play along (although you still have a week to comment on her recent videos to hopefully win some of the supplies).  I am really impressed with her videos and she does seem to be marketing to some people who have not stamped or made cards before. I think that is what the companies really need to be trying to reach out to that group. 

That Tim Holtz bulb is so silly, the more I think about it, but I am sure he is going to sell a bunch to his personal fans.  I wonder if he thought about that most of the crafters are women with a bit smaller hands than him.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:56:44 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~