Author Topic: SF28 Use It  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
SF28 Use It
« on: July 01, 2018, 06:05:47 PM »
Over time I think most of us have bought some sets of products from which we never use every single product item. Most of the time I hang onto all of the unused items “just in case” a challenge comes along where an unused item would be “perfect”.  Here are 3 separate challenges for you to consider. A RAK will be provided to a randomly selected player for each challenge. The goal of this challenge series is to make use of unused supplies which have ‘gained dust’ while waiting for their turn to bring a spark to one of your special handmade card.  You certainly can use any portion of your unused items that work for your card and it will count as 1 unused item. I hope you enjoy getting your creative juices flowing and creating something you love. If needed you may make a substitution with as similar item as possible.

All three challenges require:
No use of printed or designer paper 
No combining with other Summerfest18 challenges

Challenge#1 Stamping-Make a card with 3 unused stamps from different sets. 
Challenge#2 Stenciling-Make a card using 3 unused stencils from different sets and at least one stamp.
Challenge#3 Products or tools-Make a card using 3 unused products or tools from different sets and a least on stamp.
When posting in the gallery this forum thread please use the name SF18 Use It- and add card #1, #2, or #3 for example: SF18 Use It-#1  Please share a description of how you made your card in the gallery and share any other experiences on this thread along with a link to your gallery post.

Please post any questions on this thread.
Hope you enjoy pulling out some unused items in your craft stash and have fun being creative!
Thanks for playing!...Jan

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 04:08:19 AM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: SF28 Use It
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 07:49:59 AM »
Good and thoughtful challenge for unused supplies!  Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 09:44:18 AM »
Wow this is going to be quite the challenge :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 09:46:51 AM »
I just listened to a podcast about finding joy.  New purchases don't provide much joy, after the initial purchase, if they are still sitting in a bag.  It's using our supplies that gives us joy.  Shopping our unused supplies and creating something with them will be a happiness inducing experience.  Thanks for this challenge!  Though I DO also think it will be a CHALLENGE!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 01:09:05 PM »
Jan, I think I know the answer, but just want to check.  The unused stamps are to be completely uninked, right?  Not just unused on any project?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 01:37:24 PM »
Generally the stamps would be not be inked but if you bought them used or were gifted some used stamps but you haven't used them yet that would fit the goal.  Thanks for asking Heidi!

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 09:22:54 PM »
These are great challenges. I will certainly enjoy using my unused stuff!! :smile:

April

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 05:58:53 PM »
Another question.  I may use more than 3 unused stamps right?  I am working on something that does...  From 3 different sets, but more than one stamp from each...
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 06:27:48 PM »
Yes Heidi your plan sounds great...3 unused stamps from 3 difference sets and anything else you choose except printed paper.  Hope you include some fun too!....Jan

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 04:01:29 PM »
Here is my entry for challenge #1 -- using 3 stamps. This was fun!

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4077#top_display_media

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 06:17:32 PM »
April, I was so surprised when I opened your card and saw that cute green face...tons of fun!:laughhard:  Hope you consider the other 2 challenges too! Thanks for playing this one!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:08:30 PM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 09:45:26 PM »
Today I  made a card using 3 unused stamps from 3 different stamp sets.  I thought this challenge might be a good fit for my handmade wreath builder template.

Attached are the stamp sets I picked from :
I used the dragonfly from the Basic Grey set, the clump of flowers and sentiment from the Crafter's Companion set and the medium sized hibiscus from the last set which is by Hampton Arts.

Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 12:42:49 PM »
At this time of year, I need appropriate cards to sent to summer camps, so I went straight to these stamps.  My first try was a fail as I am not great at scene building, but I think I came up with something I like enough that works for this challenge.  I bought these during a very big sale at Elizabeth Crafts.  I didn’t think to check if their clear stamps were acrylic, and they are.  They also have some of their stamps sold as rubber and those are better. But I do like this artist, very sweet designs.

These are for challenge #1

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4079#top_display_media

This link is just the stamps I used to show they were from separate sets.  The last set is a sentiment set and I didn’t post the photo of that one.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4080#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 01:12:00 PM »
Here is my entry for challenge #3. Jan, please let me know if this counts for this challenge. I was not sure.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4081#top_display_media

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 01:48:55 PM »
Here is my entry for challenge #2. I found some stencils I didn't know I had and had never used! I do not know where I got the ruler stencils with all the tiny stencils on it! I need to use it more often. There is a picture of the stencils below in this post.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4082#top_display_media