Stamping > Products and Tools

Paper trimmers - again!

(1/2) > >>

Iring:
The never ending quest for the perfect paper trimmer ... ha!

This time I'm looking for portable, but still 12 inch.  I needed one for my class last weekend.  I have a cutterpillar pro at home (which I do like), but it seemed rather large to take to class.  Other people did have large guillotine cutters!  Including the person next to me.  At first I thought she was taking up valuable real estate ... but then I borrowed it continously!  ::) .

I took 3 trimmers with me, none of which met the need.  I hate my Fiskars Deluxe with the aluminum cut rail.  The blades are not sharp.  The only blade I had cut a jagged edge and because I don't really like it and they are expensive, I haven't bought new blades for it.  I had an old, old Fiskars but I only had a score blade for it ... and I had a cheap, small American Crafts trimmer that works great but wasn't 12 inch!

Has anyone tried the new Stampin Up trimmer/scorer?  I've seen videos and it looks good ...I think they are selling it for $25. 

What do you use for a 12inch portable trimmer?    I know some of you craft outside your homes.

Thanks!

howdyheidi:
I have the tonic guillotine trimmer.  It is 6 inches wide but it has a 12 inch extension.  And it is 12 inches on the cut blade. It isn’t tiny but it works for me at home and I travel with it. 

I don’t think it is a perfect trimmer, but I used to get so frustrated with other ones that didn’t cut square.  All my mats were slightly askew.  So it has improved my life to have the guillotine.  I still have my old fiskars one for if I need the sliding blade for a certain technique. 

Good luck. It is so hard to choose!

Iring:
Thanks for the recommendation!

Conniecrafter:
sorry I don't travel with mine, I have the very old fiskars for 12 inch, I just bought the small Tim Holtz one but that isn't for 12 inch pieces, I bought it because you can easily cut bases for cards with it because all the measurements are right on the base. If I hear any talk about it in my other group I will let you know, some of those ladies buy stamp in up stuff

Iring:
Thanks Connie!

One thing I like about the Fiskars/SU style trimmers are the numbers on the right side of the blade.  I just haven't found a Fiskars I like lately.  The wire one always frayed on me and the rail one eats blades in no time. 

I have the smaller TH/Tonic Guillotine too, and I do like it.  The last particular class I took needed a 12 in trimmer, so that's why I'm looking again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version