Stamping > Products and Tools

Creativation 2020

(1/9) > >>

Iring:
I'm watching a Tim Holtz video about new alcohol ink products and thought I would share.  Maybe you have seen a video you'd like to link here, either pre-release videos or Creativation footage.

Let us know what you like and what you don't care about.  Are you making a wish list of new products?

If you are moving alcohol inks around by blowing through a straw.  Tim Holtz basically says "stop it"!  You are too close to the fumes.  He has a new tool.  If it's not too pricey or available to purchase using a coupon, I think Jan and I can say it's probably worth it!  We took an AI class.  Blowing through a straw was not that easy and apparently not good for us either.  I immediately thought of the distress marker spritzer ... I even have a pre-distress marker spritzer, ha!  Tim mentions that, and says the opening on the new tool is bigger to give more air flow.  See what you think.  Also, I guess Ranger noticed that people are buying other brands of AI, especially gold, to get that broken up gold flake, veining look.  They came out with new metallics called alloys.
Tim Holtz/Ranger Alcohol Ink products for 2020

howdyheidi:
I may be interested in the alloys. I have considered getting the Piñata gold but it isn’t as convenient as buying ranger alcohol inks (I would have to make a special online purchase.)

There is no way I am getting the little blower thing. I still have those ear/nose bulbs around the house for babies, and I would use that, or still the straw, before buying that huge tool from Tim!  I also recently saw a video where a gal used a hairdryer, and got great results.

I haven’t seen too much Creativation buzz yet, so I am interested in seeing the new stuff!

howdyheidi:
Tim Holtz will have a Tonic Deckle Edge trimmer available summertime.

Thoughts?

https://timholtz.com/2020-tonic-studios-deckle-trimmer/?fbclid=IwAR3qPcMbUrydOUJC-hdapmE-mvC25-jduVhic5auDHXumOkJ3MEwT10INsQ

Far North:
I used this You tube search:  Creativation 2020  And found several video-just be sure you select ones that are 2020. I will need to try out how the new  blower before I know if it will work with my hands.  I know the one for use with markers does not really provide enough air to move the AI sufficiently.

Far North:
Recently I have been looking at U-videos that folks who enjoy alcohol inks are using titles that reference "Wispy Edges. Techniques are kinda similar with the use of lots of rubbing alcohol to thin the colors which sometimes split into a combo of colors.  Folks seem to use various heating/blowing guns to achieve flowing edges. I hope to try some of my new brands of alcohol inks for experiments.  See Joggles range of Alcohol Inks.  She demonstrates some basic samples to explain characteristics of these new products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version