Author Topic: Stencils with very very small patterns  (Read 774 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Stencils with very very small patterns
« on: March 25, 2021, 09:07:45 AM »
Hi Everyone.  When we did our zoom with stencils that time, I realized that I really don’t have any stencils that have very small patterns.  Do you have a stencil you recommend?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
Re: Stencils with very very small patterns
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 10:44:15 AM »
I have several stencils with small patterns.  Not sure where I got them, but they were for doing other then cards.
There are stencils ,in almost all departments , of the craft stores.  I think I counted five places we found stencils in JoanAnns store, and all different prices.  And different size patterns are for different projects.  If you are putting a pattern on a glass, or a wall you need different size holes of the pattern.
So look at different hobbie departments
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 08:34:49 PM »
I realized I don't have a lot of small ones either, faded dot is the only one that comes to mind from Tim Holtz right now, I can't get in my craft room to look right now to look if I have any more to tell you.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 10:10:03 AM »
here are some sites to look at online. I have a few from A Colorful Life https://acolorfullifedesigns.com/custom-stencils-1/ ACrafters Workshop at Scrapbook.com has some too  https://www.scrapbook.com/store/products/?w=+Crafters+Workshop+Templates&msclkid=72562a87736215b9cc534ada849ab697&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ECI+-+Text+-+Brands+-+Crafter%27s+Workshop&utm_term=%2BCrafters+%2BWorkshop+%2BTemplates&utm_content=DKI+Test

Scrapbook.com probably has other stencil brands too.

I hope this helps. I have not seen any at Hobby Lobby in a long time, except for using on walls. I have not been to Michaels or Joannes in ages, so I don't know what they have.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 10:58:28 AM »
Joanns sells a lot of stencils from hero arts but they are bigger images, not sure about Michaels.
Scrapbook.com has a few smaller ones on sale right now with hearts and stars

Offline Far North

• Stampers
!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 02:05:31 PM »
Hello Heidi,
My best 2 sources for small stencils are made by Ranger.  Many of Tim Holtz stencils are the size of large tags some of the designs can be block off to use a smaller part of his designs.  He also sells some stencils in three sizes in in 1 package.  A few other designs are sold with the name “Letter It”

If you want to add some design elements to create on a gel press print I would suggest looking at household or items from nature.  Look for things that can be thrown away or cleaned after use.  Things like: paper doilies, a scrap piece of textured material, paper clips, small lids or tooth picks.  Consider things that you might otherwise tossed in the trash.  Have fun!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 02:20:07 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: !
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 08:43:49 AM »
Hello Heidi,
My best 2 sources for small stencils are made by Ranger.  Many of Tim Holtz stencils are the size of large tags some of the designs can be block off to use a smaller part of his designs.  He also sells some stencils in three sizes in in 1 package.  A few other designs are sold with the name “Letter It”

If you want to add some design elements to create on a gel press print I would suggest looking at household or items from nature.  Look for things that can be thrown away or cleaned after use.  Things like: paper doilies, a scrap piece of textured material, paper clips, small lids or tooth picks.  Consider things that you might otherwise tossed in the trash.  Have fun!

Thanks Jan.  Yes, the smaller version of those ranger stencils could be a good option. I actually don’t have any of that brand and will keep an eye out. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 12:40:41 PM »
A Colorful Life has a few 3x6 stencils with Teeny in the name.  I purchased the teeny dots and teeny honeycomb. I got them through Technique Junkies so I could use Beth’s coupon code. 

I also saw that Gina Marie has a 6x6 stencil in a very small triangle design that I would like, but at the time I was looking I wasn’t interested in anything else on her site, so I haven’t purchased that yet. 

I want to try that coloring technique we did on zoom again now. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 08:15:43 PM »
those sound like they will work great, the tiny honeycomb sounds interesting