Author Topic: Jennifer McGuire warped die cutting plates  (Read 1082 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Jennifer McGuire warped die cutting plates
« on: August 23, 2021, 11:27:51 AM »
There is a new video on how to flatten warped plates with boiling water. 

https://youtu.be/c0ZKxQLT3Gg

I am trying it now on my plate warped in an S curve.

Also there is a new type of Gemini plate available.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Jennifer McGuire warped die cutting plates
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 01:25:50 PM »
I was able to flatten the cutting plate with her technique but not the plastic shim.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 09:41:56 PM »
I saw the email but hadn't watched it yet. I had seen this somewhere else and I pinned it but hadn't tried it, they had you putting a brick on top after putting it in boiling water and I didn't have a clean brick to use, guess I will have to see what she used :)  Good to hear it works, too bad it didn't work on the plastic shim.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 05:58:10 AM »
I saw the email but hadn't watched it yet. I had seen this somewhere else and I pinned it but hadn't tried it, they had you putting a brick on top after putting it in boiling water and I didn't have a clean brick to use, guess I will have to see what she used :)  Good to hear it works, too bad it didn't work on the plastic shim.

DH told me that the plastic that the shim is made of would need a higher temp than boiling water. That is why it doesn’t really work.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 09:03:04 PM »
I watched the video, I like that I don't have to use a brick, I totally didn't think about another pan with hot water, I couldn't think of something heavy I could use that could get wet too, I will have to try it tomorrow I didn't get time today.