Stamping > Stamping Challenges

INK22 - Between the Lines (4/2 - 4/10) WINNER ANNOUNCED!

(1/4) > >>

howdyheidi:
For my challenge, I would like you to create at least two backgrounds using the linked stamp and stencil technique.  You will get an extra entry if you complete a card with your background.

https://www.thecraftersworkshop.com/blog/2013/06/stamping-through-stencils-layout-card-step-by-step/#comment-6271

Here are my backgrounds and impressions/tips for this technique.  You will see that I used a black pen on one  background, but a light brown Tombow pen on the other.  I also used Rubber Stamp Tapestry peg stamps, but I saw a lot of other choices for smaller stamps in my other stamp sets.  I found that the bold stamps didn’t go through the stamps as well (there was that border around the edge that didnt’ made contact with the paper) but in the end, I don’t think it made a difference once you made your borders with the pen. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5727#top_display_media

I think a medium to large opening stencil would work best.  I planned to see if I could get a background stamp to work but didn’t get to it yet. 

Any questions?  Have you tried this technique before and do you have any tips?  Please share the link to your backgrounds/card in this thread too!

stampwilly:
Your backgrounds look great! Can't wait to try this.

April :smile:

Conniecrafter:
Looks like fun, will have to check out what I have to play with :)

Canadian, eh:
Looks fun.  I spent an hour looking over my stencils to pick "just the right one."  This is working outside the box for me.  Thanks for the gentle push. 

howdyheidi:
Beth, I hope you will be happy with something that you found.  I know I prefer one of my backgrounds over the other.  Even if you don’t like it, I hope you will post it.  I think a lot of what we do in fests is helping each other figure out tips for these techniques!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version