Author Topic: Washout  (Read 2355 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Washout
« on: July 29, 2014, 09:33:58 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I just love how these turned out. I call this technique "washout" because you use bleach to wash out the color.

First I sprayed the matte card stock with a brighter color of spray ( I have several different brands, so brands don't matter on this technique ) and then sprayed a dark ink around 2 edges.

I stamped my images using Staz On Jet Black ink, you need a permanent black ink.

I then put bleach in my water pen and bleached out the images. You can go back in and "paint" over the images with ink if you want, but I liked mine the way they were. Click the link below to see the results!

Stampwilly

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=47&pid=390#top_display_media

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: Washout
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:23:38 AM »
Your images look great April! 

I have heard of using bleach with inks, but have been "scared" to try this bc of using bleach. I never thought of putting it a water pen before! 

Do you dilute the bleach any?
~~Melissa :)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 02:11:03 PM »
Melissa, I do not dilute the bleach. I was also using a lavender scented bleach that does not smell as bad. Using the water pen also helps keep dpwn the smell. :-\

Stampwilly

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 02:02:39 AM »
Great results April!

Melissa if you don't want to use bleach you may want to see what you can do with plain water. As long as the sprays are water reactive lightly brush on the water where you want to remove the color and carefully blot off with a tissue when you see some color in the water.  Just don't scrub the area with your brush or the paper will peel.  This is a basic technique for correcting water colored areas where you don't want color.

Also know that Clorox makes a gel bleach pen. The odor is far more manageable.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 09:33:50 AM »
I tried the water with this, but it was not working very well, BUT I did not blot it with a tissue, so that might have been my problem. :-\

Stampwilly

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 10:01:01 AM »
Yes, blotting takes the color off the paper otherwise the color just dries back on the paper.