Other Creative Goodness > Mixed Media

Gelli Plate Backgrounds

<< < (3/5) > >>

CarefreeSadie:
A gelli plate is sort of like an acrylic stamp but thicker and no image on it to stamp.  It holds the paint like an acrylic stamp does and releases it the same way onto the paper.  It will stick to things like an acrylic stamp sticks to things but has no glue or other sticky product on it.

Looser:

--- Quote from: CarefreeSadie on August 12, 2014, 10:43:28 AM ---A gelli plate is sort of like an acrylic stamp but thicker and no image on it to stamp.  It holds the paint like an acrylic stamp does and releases it the same way onto the paper.  It will stick to things like an acrylic stamp sticks to things but has no glue or other sticky product on it.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Sadie (& Melissa). The gelli plates sound like my (clear) acrylic hot glue pads. I have several of them somewhere. Might just see if I can find one & play.  Gelli plates also remind me of gelatin prints. You make the plate like 'finger jello' from packaged gelatine. 'Course they don't last like the mfg'd plates, but Jello is cheap. ;)

liannallama:
I just got my first gelli plate but I haven't used it yet.  I'm taking an "Amelie" crafting class where all the projects are on the theme of the movie so I got it to try.  She does really cute things by stenciling a pattern onto the gelli then letting it dry then putting another color and then printing (maybe drying again inbetween).  Looks really neat.

CarefreeSadie:
Please post your projects from the class!  It will be neat to see what you do and see the projects from the class.....

Far North:
What size Gelli Plate would your recommend for a card maker?  A 5x7?

Sadie thank for your link to Clarity Stamp video...Barbara is a fun and talented presenter.
...Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version