Other Creative Goodness > Mixed Media

Gelli Plate Backgrounds

<< < (5/5)

Far North:
I have a 5x7 plate on my Christmas wish list...I think that is a good starting size for me since right now I don't have plans to make larger items.  Folks keep writing on their blogs about how addictive it is to make monoprints.  But they say the same about carving their own stamps which has been on my list to start for a few months.  I think Godelieve's idea is great if one works on a lot of different sized projects. 

Yes the Clarity videos are very helpful...thanks again Sadie!...only wish Barbara wasn't taking a break from making videos this month.

djc:
[quote...only wish Barbara wasn't taking a break from making videos this month.][/quote]

Jan, she has ten videos about using Gelli Plates.  Have you watched all of them?

I was reading a review of a book on using Gelli Plates on amazon.com, and one reviewer recommended a couple of other You Tube demonstrators--Carol Dube and Patti Parrish.  She also recommended the Gelli Plate section of Pinterest.

Also Gelli Plate has a Facebook Page and Blog.  I don't belong to Facebook, but it is still fun to see the pictures and get ideas.  I found this on the blog:  Printing with Small Gelli Plates.

That should keep you busy until Barbara Gray returns with more videos.  lol.

Daria

ETA:  I just checked out Pinterest and found Barbara Gray's blog.  Here's her entry for the first video Sadie linked:  Torn Gelli Plate

Far North:
Thanks Daria for the additional information!  I think I have watch all of Barbara's videos.  I also like Carolyn Dube...and am a subscriber.  She just started making stencils and is selling through stencil girl.  She shares a broad range of Mixed Media.  Patti Parish is a new name to me...have to check out her site.  Thanks for the video on small plates. 
Thanks so much!...Jan

CarefreeSadie:
Something that I have found for me is that the larger gelli plate is hard to make a smaller print on.  I have tried to make a smaller print on the larger one I have and as far as spreading the paint you just can't keep it on a smaller area, you need the entire area to spread the paint.  So if you get the larger plate keep in mind you will either need to make larger prints or you will be wasting the paint that goes outside the area you want covered.  You can also take another print from that area for something else but if you don't want another print with those colors then you waste the paint.  I am not sure if I explained that so it is easily understood or not.

That acrylic block that Barbara Grey used is sold at Clarity stamp only as far as I can tell.  Clarity stamps is a British company.  I am not sure if they ship to the US or not.  I did a search after I saw that block and couldn't find it listed anywhere else for sale.  I have never purchased from a company out of the US so I don't know how that works.

Hopefully we will all get to see the projects you make from your new Christmas gelli plates......only craft people would find this so fun, LOL!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version