Stamping > Techniques

Stuff that melts!

(1/4) > >>

Looser:
Many of us have used embossing powders with a heat gun to add dimension & texture to our work--just look @ StampWilly's Oldies Challenge entries.

But many of us have also used other meltable materials on our stuff & here's your chance to share your stories with others!

So... Tell us what you do & how you do it. If you have a sample to share? Fine! But it's not required. This is not a challenge, but we might be able to employ some of our techniques when we do our party projects... ;)

Looser:
It's no secret that I love wax crayons.  I often color my stamped images with them--alone or in combination with inks & paints.

One thing I sometimes do is apply the crayons & hit them with my heat tool--rather than 'burnishing' (rubbing) to do the satin finish I so like.  I work on heavier CS for this, but thinner papers also provide interesting results. And... Like doing layers of EP by re-heating, I can re-heat the first layer of crayon & add new colors.

howdyheidi:
Not recently, melted crayon artwork seemed really big in craft stores and online.  This was more like melting a crayon and letting it run  down the page.  It does look bright and cool.

I havent tried that yet, but I do like your idea of applying the heat gun to melt the crayon as you use it.  That would be fun to try.

Sorry I dont have any other meltable products that I can think of!

Far North:
Does my dripping ice cream cone count?  #>

Looser:

--- Quote from: Far North on October 02, 2014, 10:16:20 AM ---Does my dripping ice cream cone count?  #>

--- End quote ---

What flavor, Jan?  :laugh:

Heidi. The melted crayon technique you've seen is probably 'encaustic'.  It (often) involves melting the crayon & moving it with an iron. The redults are very interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version