Stamping > Share Your Stamping Accomplishments in Your Creative Journey

Celebrating 2014>>>2015

<< < (2/3) > >>

Far North:
Wow 1014 was exciting year for me of trying many new creative products and exploring new combinations of some favorites.  The year started out with first time projects of creating fun diorama ornaments (still on my list to make more), using 2Peas monthly moodboard for new color schemes and  designs…(including using to make a great multi-medium mini album.

Other Artsy Inkers inspired me to try stretching the use of stencils --gesso on a frosted tree tag-thanks Leigh Ann!  And Heidi for inspiring us to make easel cards!

A couple favorite things I hosted included getting more experienced in splattering ink and inlaid die cuts and water stamping. 
In July we experienced the closing of 2 Peas and the beginning of Artsy Inkers.   July 1st began the monthly Mixed Media Card Challenge (MMCCC) to which I was invited to be on their design team.

The rest of the year I explored new ways to use materials:  acrylic paint-acrylic skins, stencils, tissue paper and paper towels.

It was great fun to look back through my photos and think about my learnings—and not just mine but recalling special successes of other AI’s too.  I never got to rubber carving, spritzing, nor gelli plate prints in 2014…those will continue on my list for 2015. Many thanks to those who hosted challenges and for all the wonderful gallery inspiration!

howdyheidi:
Yes, it is definitely an accomplishment to have this great site!  Sadie, definitely an accomplishment for you!  And all of us for wanting to stick together with people that help us be so creative!

Oh Jan, I did really enjoy the MoodBoards at TwoPeas. I wonder if there is something else like that. I found that they really inspired me!  Thank you for mentioning it.

The techniques we did with the stamp n dash swaps were very fun.  I do like doing little projects and I am not sure I knew that before the stamp n dash. 

Jan, I hope you are still enjoying the MMCCC!  I am in the process of finding blogs again and I need to revisit yours. 

I like this thread because it is calling attention to people and websites and such that I am thankful for!

Far North:
I too really enjoyed the first moodboards. I do love the photos with the specific color palette that Design Seeds publishes daily.  I think a challenge host could suggest using the palette/layout from a specific day or offer several choices of days for the player to choose 1. The colors will not necessarily match our inks but as usual we would use our creative skills to adapt as the player wishes. But the good news is we can publish a Design Seed on our blogs with our work.

Yes, I enjoy learning the ways of the MMCC DT. It certainly provides insight into how things work behind the scenes...we have our own private DT blog so it is like blogging 2x.  For me I was hoping it would help increase the traffic to my website...but not so much-or perhaps more accurately stated not many more comments. 

Thanks Heidi for sharing you comments here!

djc:
When I look back over the year, it seems that I hardly made anything except Christmas cards.  The workshops I attended took me out of my comfort zone by using more die cuts and embellishments, but I still don't think that's my style.  I've been checking out more CAS blogs, and I do love those cards.  They can still feature different techniques which I also love, and they can have layers and some embellishments.  The important thing seems to be that they have a large area where the eye can rest and feature one main image.

About the Mood Boards, I think this site might work for us: Fresh Hues: Color and Inspiration.  It's the closest thing to a mood board I could find.  Keep scrolling down, and you'll see what I mean.

I'll have to revisit my gallery and see if I can be a bit more positive about my last year of card-making.  One thing I know for sure--Until I organize my craft space, I'm not going to be doing much of anything. 

Daria

Far North:
Making Christmas cards is my annual biggest card making activity. But I am always afraid if I do them all year long it will burn me out so I begin them in the fall and make some in batches.  My favorite CAS is Less is More and one layer cards.  Worthy of a stop now and then to garner some good design nuggets.

LOL...we offered the same site as a suggestion for the moodboard...just different tabs. Fresh Hues--does makes a moodboard at the bottom of the page but it is on Pinterst. Unfortunately I am not playing there with P's new manner of subscribing if I can't see it without signing in...No matter what I continue to do I continue to get too many viruses. 

I hear ya about organizing! Thanks for sharing Daria!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version