Stamping > Stamping Challenges

Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2021

(1/21) > >>

djc:
Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2021

It may surprise you, but I’m still around.  I just haven’t been making many cards.  I still haven’t made any for Christmas.  I have just about used up my stash of cards so it is imperative that I get busy making new ones.

I am posting this challenge early because I will be out of town the first week of July which means I won’t be making any cards for a while longer.  However, I know that some of you make a lot of holiday cards in July so here is the Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge once again. 

If you are in need of inspiration, check out Cindi’s past Christmas All Year threads; she posts an optional theme each month that you can use if it inspires you.

ETA:  I just signed up for the Card Maker Success Summit.  It takes place July 15-18.  It will have 25+ video presentations by different cardmakers--all Christmas cards!  It is free to watch those four days as they show each demonstration, or you can pay to start the watching pre-recorded videos now or any time you want. 

The Challenge:
You have a full month--July 1 through July 31--to post your entries.  I am going to ask Sadie to set aside an album for this challenge.  If she is unable to do that, please use the album set aside for Cindi’s Christmas All Year! Challenge, 2021.  In any case, please link your cards to this Discussion Thread.  The challenge ends on July 31 at 11:59 pm your time.  If they are in the right album when I check the morning of August 1, they will count.

Remember you must enter only new cards--nothing you posted prior to July 1, the first day of the challenge.  If you have a special technique you'd like to use that does not include stamping, your card will still count.  It would be nice to combine stamping with other techniques, but sometimes that isn't feasible, and I want your cards to be something you will love.  Therefore, your paste-embossed, embroidered, stenciled, Iris folded, die-cut, etc. cards are welcome.

Requirements:
1. Complete the tasks as described in this challenge.

2. When you post your card in the gallery, please label it with the name of the appropriate holiday and add the words "in July." For example, Christmas in July, Hanukkah in July, Kwanzaa in July, etc.  I say that every year, but no one ever does it.  Sigh.

3. When you post your project in the gallery, please describe it. Tell how you made it and what you used.  Some information that you could share:
Stamps:
Cardstock/Papers:
Card Size:
Inks/Coloring Medium:
Accessories:
Technique:

Next, come back to this Discussion Thread to link your post here and to tell us how it went—tips to help us or advice so we can avoid or fix problems.

Prize:
There will be a prize awarded at the end of the challenge.  Your name will go into the hat once for every card you post in the gallery and link to the discussion thread. OK. I already know that the next question is do I get my name in the hat 10 times if I make 10 of the same card. I'll say you can get your name in the hat up to three times for multiples of the same design. Fair enough? There's no limit to the number of different cards you can post. You'll get credit for each different card.

I hope you'll join us and begin making your December holiday cards.  Even though I won't be home, I'll be sure to check the gallery and this thread so I can enjoy your cards.  We can inspire and motivate each other.  Don't forget to have fun!

Daria

Iring:
Yay!  So happy you are hosting this again Daria.  I love your July challenge!  I hope you will play too, once you are home.

stampwilly:
Thanks for hosting! I usually get a lot of them during July.

April :smile:

djc:
I am looking forward to seeing all the cards!

Daria

howdyheidi:
Thank you so much for hosting. I have big plans for this month with an insane goal of 31 cards.

My keyboard is kaput so I won’t be posting much, I am shopping for a new one. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version