Author Topic: Christmas All Year - November 2021  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year - November 2021
« on: November 02, 2021, 06:58:12 PM »
Happy November!  We're getting down to the wire!

This month's challenge is "lights".  You can interpret that any way you want.
When I came up with it (last January), I'm pretty sure I was thinking of Christmas lights.  The first class in the Online Card Classes Holiday Workshop yesterday was "night lights" as in a beam of light coming down from a star or the northern lights.  You might even think of something else.

Have fun!
As always, any and all Christmas cards welcome whether or not you use the prompt! 

Please post in the Christmas Cards All Year album and link here.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 07:00:13 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year - November 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 07:10:57 PM »
I've had these cards sitting on my desk, 90% finished for a long time!  Finally finished!  Doesn't meet the prompt but I'm posting anyway! 
5 more cards added to the stash.  It's going to be a busy month!  I'm almost afraid to count how many cards I still need to make.

I used Beth's Mini Slimline Joy Fold challenge

Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 10:02:14 PM »
I just bought a die that I think will work great for this challenge :)

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 01:15:57 PM »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 03:46:02 PM »
Nora, your cross-stitched Christmas card is beautiful!  That will definitely be for a special someone.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 04:40:07 PM »
Day 6 of Online Card Classes Christmas Holiday Workshop and I finally made a card!  5 to be exact.

Laura Bassen used a stencil and masking for a  rainbow colored background.  I didn't use her masking technique, but I did stencil a rainbow.
Took me way longer than it should have!  I stopped at 5.  I need to come up with something quicker as I'm only about 1/2 way done with my Christmas cards!

Be Merry
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2021, 08:07:54 PM »
Ugh, even though I need to make some quick cards ... I wanted to play with Laura Bassen's technique for stenciling and masking. 
I made just this one. 

Joy
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 01:18:54 PM »
I have yet to follow my own prompt, but I have two more cards finished!  I love the Spellbinders Bottle Brush Tree dies we used in this class from my LSS.

We had to provide our own sentiments.  I still don't have a set of tiny Christmas sentiment strip stamps.  I am in the market if you have one you like and can recommend.  Spellbinders has one that comes with a die to cut one sentiment at a time that I am considering.  I gave up and used Cosmo Cricket Tiny Text stickers. 

Believe in the magic.

Be of good cheer.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 05:12:33 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 08:44:52 PM »
Cindi I believe one time when you came to my blog you mentioned you liked my Simon Says Stamps Tiny words Christmas stamps
Both your links go to the same card to by the way
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 08:48:21 PM by Conniecrafter »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2021, 05:18:50 PM »
Thank you Connie!

I fixed the link and I will take a look at Simon Says.  I do like yours, Connie, and I couldn't remember if they were pre-printed or stamps.  Now is a good time to make a wish list ... some Black Friday sales are starting soon.  I know Taylored Expressions starts tomorrow and different sales run I think through Nov 30th.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 11:48:30 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2021, 11:56:32 AM »
Really pretty cards, April.  On the nuthatch card you did a great job brayering over the embossed panel.  I have a hard time keeping the ink on just the raised parts.

Last night I finished the last step in assembling 25 cards.  All I needed to do was glue the "seal" over the embossed panel, but it gave me some trouble.  I was undecided on how much I wanted to raise the seal over the front panel.  Since there are 25 cards, I thought cutting foam tape to fit a circle, or even using pop dots, would be time consuming, and I was a little bit concerned about their ability to stick to embossed metallic cardstock.  I started cutting two layers of almost chipboard weight circles (so 50 times through the Sizzix Sidekick).  About halfway through I thought I could use that same circle die and just cut one layer of craft foam, and that might be quicker.  Ha!  Not so much.  I had a hard time getting the foam to stick to the metallic card stock.  Several of my glues were dried up or just a weird consistency.  I finally got out my hot glue gun.  So maybe 50 times cutting card stock would have been faster?

Anyway, 25, done!

Nativity card

« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 11:58:21 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2021, 12:20:24 AM »
I have been away from home for a couple of weeks, but before I left, I managed to finish a bunch of Christmas cards.  The first group are all cross-stitched.  I started cross-stitching them last year.  I've added more this year and finally turned them into cards.  I made eight of these--three Christmas Trees, two deer, and one each--candle, owl, and snowflake.  I only posted three of them tonight.  I didn't want to completely flood the board with my cards.  I'll post more later.

Cross Stitch Christmas Tree

Cross Stitch Candle

Cross Stitch Owl

Daria

« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 11:20:45 AM by djc »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2021, 03:10:36 PM »
Daria, post away! I'd love to see more.  I really like the way you have framed your stitched cards.  Your stitches are so nice and neat.

I finished up my card from last week's Skype.  The crayon resist makes a nice background and the flap style card is fun too.
Deck the Halls

I got some new toys in the mail from Taylored Expressions.  Once I put away the supplies from Skype (it's about time, don't you think?!) I hope to play some more.
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2021, 11:15:38 AM »
I just posted the last two cross-stitch cards:

Cross Stitch Snowflake

Cross Stitch Deer

Daria